Author Topic: Skylake and Maxwell  (Read 2722 times)

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
Skylake and Maxwell
« on: November 18, 2015, 06:22:12 PM »
I mentioned that when I built my new gaming PC, I would try to put something together for the Sink.  I made a fairly comprehensive MS Word document up detailing the build and accessories.  See the attached document.

Please note that I already owned the monitors, mouse, keyboard, Blu-Ray, video card, USB Hubs, and 4TB HDD.

I built the new system a couple of weeks back, but held back this post to be sure it all worked out.  Brand new motherboard and CPU architecture along with Windows 10 was quite a leap and I wanted to be sure it was stable.

Anyway with one minor hitch the rig went of perfectly along with Windows 10.  Very happy.   :woot:

PSA:
When you install W10 Home, it installs a little light bulb helper app at the bottom of the screen.  It has serious crashing issues.  As in BSOD crashing.  Took me a day to figure that out.  Seriously MS??  Uninstall the app and you are good to go.

Hope this helps somebody with a build.  If you have any questions feel free to ping me.

In other news...
My previous gaming machine was left entirely as is, with the exception of pulling the nVidia GTX970 and replacing it with a new GTX950 and transferring the 4TB HDD (used for long term storage and backups) to the new rig.

The previous PC has an upper end Sandy Bridge K series i5, 1TB SSD, 8GB of RAM, dual fan Noctua CPU cooler, and Noctua 120mm and Coolermaster 200mm case fans.  Corsair HX850 power supply.  Fans are case controlled from the top of the case.  Still a nice machine.  Probably going to sell it...not sure yet.