Author Topic: Children of Men  (Read 1424 times)

A Bit of Fruit

• loves threads ALL ABOUT HIM!!
  • Jackass V
  • Frontier Psychiatrist
Children of Men
« on: October 21, 2006, 03:36:48 AM »
Saw it just then - i really really enjoyed it. Very violent, dystopian movie. I felt totally immersed in the movie, I felt as if i was actually there and in danger in the really good scenes. My girlfriend actually got pretty scared in it.

I would definately recommend it, unless you dont like depressing movies, which this definately was (which I enjoy).

9/10
i have a stationary fetish

Silent Bob

• Jackass II
Re: Children of Men
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 12:18:49 PM »
It was okay. The dystopian future of the film didn't seem to make much sense to me, especially compared to the book. What was happening (the violence, facism, terrorism and immmigration policy) didn't didn't seem to follow in any logical fashion from what caused the future in the first place.

Clive Owen was very good and the direction and action was good

Lots of the film seem to have been written by taking lots of modern British "fears" as reported in the headlines of the ever so unbiased, moderate and liberal Daily Mail and throwing them at the script and seeing what stuck to each page.
Bought to you by an awful lot of monkeys a plethora of cheap PC's and a proofreader.

Experiments are under way to see if certain conditions and stimuli lead to better Monkey Typed Posts.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Children of Men
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 01:38:58 PM »
7/10

Good. Interesting. Pull my finger. :|