Author Topic: The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou  (Read 1659 times)

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
« on: June 15, 2005, 08:50:34 AM »
Rented this one last night.  It's quirky, really dry, and features Bill Murray and Owen Wilson.  It's basically everything you'd expect from a Wes Anderson movie, and that's a good thing.  I really enjoyed the way they animated the sea creatures (all stop motion animation) and how so much of it was shown like it was an elementary school science video.

8/10 - would have probably been 7/10, but Cate Blanchett adds one on her own.  See it if you liked Rushmore or the Royal Tenenbaums, but I think it's still a pretty accessible movie.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 09:35:42 AM »
YOU'RE FREAKING ME OUT.  STOP IT.

My wife mentioned that she wanted to see this last nite as we finished up Napoleon Dynomite.  I want to see it, but I really hated Royal Tenenbaums (despite the fact that I've seen it twice AND we own it).

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 10:07:57 AM »
Is there anything else you'd like me to watch?  I'm planning on getting Spiderman 2 soon, since I haven't seen that yet.  Is that ok?

I still haven't watched Hotel Rwanda.  Let me know when you get it so we can watch it together :)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 11:14:25 AM »
LOL... already saw Spiderman 2.  HR is down on my list, so I doubt I'll be watching it anytime soon.  We do have Hero waiting for us at home as well.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2005, 11:56:08 AM »
I thought I made a thread about this movie before - guess I didn't :dunno:

I really liked this movie as well...the comedy is, well, tragic. The short takes and scenes are unique and crisp, plus bill murray is a pimp. 8.9/10
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2005, 02:14:02 PM »
Musta been at JProg or FD.  I'm pretty sure you did make one, though.

> bill murray is a pimp.

Word.

[stealth]

• the original
  • Jackass V
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2005, 10:30:36 PM »
I saw this at the cinema.  Pretty typical Wes Anderson film, and being a fan of his work, I was pretty impressed 8/10.

>>I really enjoyed the way they animated the sea creatures (all stop motion animation) and how so much of it was shown like it was an elementary school science video.<<

Same - and the soundtrack kicked arse.  David Bowie covered by a Portuguese guy? Brilliance.

>>8/10 - would have probably been 7/10, but Cate Blanchett adds one on her own. See it if you liked Rushmore or the Royal Tenenbaums, but I think it's still a pretty accessible movie.<<

I'm smitten with Cate Blanchett - she just radiates a genuine natural beauty.

A Bit of Fruit

• loves threads ALL ABOUT HIM!!
  • Jackass V
  • Frontier Psychiatrist
Re: The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 07:40:04 PM »
I just watched this movie last night and I loved it. It was really quirky and the whole movie had this really good mood. The music was also perfect - lots of bowie songs in Portuguese, randomly played by that guy at different parts of the movie (I especially loved the ziggy stardust and space oddity ones).

9/10 for sure! I might watch it again in a couple days.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 11:21:12 PM by Farticus Senior »
i have a stationary fetish