Author Topic: Opera 9.5  (Read 6557 times)

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
Opera 9.5
« on: June 12, 2008, 11:02:55 PM »
Just got release.  Looks real sharp.  The biggest problem I've had with Opera (that was their fault) was rendering videos, and the few that I've tried so far have loaded in the pages beautifly.  I'm a fan.
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
Re: Opera 9.5
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 11:25:44 PM »
Renders a much sharper page.  Nice so far.  I gotta test it though.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 08:34:39 AM »
I don't know guys... I'm pretty well sold down the river on FF now... but I'll give it a go.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 08:47:26 AM »
*shrugs*... I've been using the beta so I don't really see a difference other than the fact that more video sites work now.

Canuck

• Eh?!!
  • Founders
  • Andy Moog Fan
    • My Website
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 12:54:26 AM »
I tried it at work for a few days, still havent downloaded it at home, but it seems much faster at rendering pages.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 11:13:14 AM »
if i click on a link and decide i want to save it, i normally click the address bar while on that site and hit enter, to add it to the url list like i had typed it in. Opera 9.5 isnt adding it to the list, anyone else have this problem?
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 01:02:38 PM »
I don't know about that one, but a bunch of other shit is different too... mainly the context menu in the transfers... shit pisses me off.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 02:15:10 PM »
yea thats a bit odd. what i LOVE is the transfers tab doesnt steal focus anymore. god i hated that. Guess ill have to comb their forums later.

say i go to domaim.com and click forum. Then i hit enter in the url so i can go right to the forum, it doesnt add it. f%$$^ pissing me off.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008, 04:08:31 PM »
and clicking on a url from the list doesnt bring it back up to the top. GAY i swear......

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2008, 09:48:58 PM »
You know what, im done. Me and Opera have had a great run, and i paid for it back when they had the paid versions but im washing my hands of it and jumping on the FF 3 bandwagon. Since 7.0 opera has been nothing but great ideas that dont work, and now its run into the overall useability of opera which is now non existent.

Opera's support forums are filled with locked topics and the "we are better because we are and thats not a bug stop whining" attitudes. Thats it. Had it, done.

God i hope they fix it, i really do. God bless those who want to be lab rats.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2008, 09:54:59 PM »
You know what, im done. Me and Opera have had a great run, and i paid for it back when they had the paid versions but im washing my hands of it and jumping on the FF 3 bandwagon. Since 7.0 opera has been nothing but great ideas that dont work, and now its run into the overall useability of opera which is now non existent.

Opera's support forums are filled with locked topics and the "we are better because we are and thats not a bug stop whining" attitudes. Thats it. Had it, done.

God i hope they fix it, i really do. God bless those who want to be lab rats.

I had to do the same.  Sad.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2008, 09:57:15 PM »
been using it just short of 24 hours and im almost ready to go back to a lab rat....

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2008, 11:31:44 AM »
been using it just short of 24 hours and im almost ready to go back to a lab rat....

Firefox is NOT Opera.  It is very difficult to not switch back.  I just cannot deal with all of the Opera issues.  Firefox does work.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2008, 12:47:51 PM »
FF blows dick. If it had the speed dial and wand and had a less shitty layout/look/feel i would probably stick with it. I still have it installed because opera isnt handling php to xml output right and i need it too for testing the maps api im working with.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2008, 02:06:09 PM »
I like the "wand" ability FF has over Opera.  You can probably get the speed dial thing through an extension.  You can skin FF just like you can with Opera... the default Opera look/layout sucks shit IMO.

I'm just sick of the BS with Opera.  It never works when I need it to.