Author Topic: Coronavirus COVID-19  (Read 65071 times)

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19
« Reply #510 on: February 06, 2022, 05:47:50 AM »
https://ebm.bmj.com/content/early/2021/08/19/bmjebm-2021-111791

Evidence on the efficacy of ivermectin for COVID-19: another story of apples and oranges

In our Cochrane Review,3 we assessed the identical set of trials. However, only 4 of the 15 trials included in Bryant’s meta-analysis on mortality met our predefined eligibility criteria, and our conclusion, incorporating careful grading of the certainty of evidence, reveals a less rosy picture. The bottom line demonstrates an important uncertainty whether ivermectin compared with placebo or standard of care reduces or increases mortality in moderately ill hospitalised patients (RR 0.60, 95% CI 0.14 to 2.51; two studies) and mildly ill outpatients (RR 0.33, 95% CI 0.01 to 8.05; two studies), due to serious risk of bias and imprecision. How do the different assessments come about? The answer lies partly in the baseline data of included studies. Bryant et al pooled heterogeneous patient populations, interventions, comparators and outcomes. In other words, they compare apples and oranges, serving a large bowl of a colourful fruit salad. Usually, pooling of heterogeneous studies increases imprecision of effects in meta-analyses. Why does this not apply to ivermectin? Its alleged effect is driven by studies where the effect size is extremely positive, which has influenced the conclusions in other reviews. One of these studies with a huge effect has now been retracted over ethical concern.4

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #511 on: February 06, 2022, 08:56:44 AM »
I assume the schools/state are going to be lenient with it this year.  I mean they tell us to keep them home if there are any symptoms so what are we supposed to do?
Gotta get the attendance dollars!  Not sure how it is in your state but here in CA schools get paid based off of the average daily attendance (ADA) reported at two reporting points.  When COVID first took off our state legislature passed some bills changing it for that (2019/20) but it wasn't done for 2020/21 or 2021/22.

Are you all doing hybrid?  Perhaps they expected the kids to attend virtually while being kept home.  /shrug

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #512 on: February 06, 2022, 09:09:07 AM »
Rob, next time you're making a pen, listen to that episode.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #513 on: February 06, 2022, 10:34:05 AM »
https://youtu.be/D3HpbC9ExjY

I wanted to sat better late then never to ask those questions, but fuck, where were these questions 2 years ago. And now they should go back and parse the death data and I think that the final numbers will shock us with how deceptive this whole operation was
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Rob

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #514 on: February 06, 2022, 01:52:26 PM »
Sorry Jake, I don't need to waste my time listening to an anti-vax nutcase like Malone.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #515 on: February 06, 2022, 02:12:32 PM »
Sorry Jake, I don't need to waste my time listening to an anti-vax nutcase like Malone.

I will not try to convince you, but just my feeling from that interview is that he is not so much anti Vax as he wants people to know the real data and be informed about all aspects of the vaccine so that they can make a better decision in regards to taking it....especially for their kids

Rob

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #516 on: February 06, 2022, 02:21:58 PM »
Glad you're not going to try to convince me. You won't.

In my opinion Malone should be arrested and jailed. His bullshit kills people.

Fucking Invermectin and Hydroxychloroquine nonsense.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #517 on: February 06, 2022, 07:59:30 PM »
Why are we still not actively treating early covid infection with these inexpensive drugs? Why are we ostricizing people that do and why are we taking away licenses from doctors who use these treatments? Why are we making it difficult to get these drugs? Why haven't we been. Doing this all along? How many people could have been saved if these early treatments were used from the beginning?

https://journals.lww.com/americantherapeutics/fulltext/2021/08000/ivermectin_for_prevention_and_treatment_of.7.aspx
This is the first study to state that there is definitive benefit.  There are been numerous studies that state that the results are inconclusive and have other potential side effects that make using this drug not worth the risk.

Great news!
https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/592457-the-cdc-is-finally-recognizing-natural-immunity-legislators-should-follow

about fucking time!

So have you guys even heard about this study other than from my post? I googled to see what mass media is saying about it, and it is hard to find anything from the likes of nbc, CNN,NY times, etc. Wonder why that is? Or maybe it's just "my" search results  ;)

I found one article fromm CNN. Notice how different it is from the one from the hill

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/19/health/covid-vaccine-infection-protection-cdc-study/index.html

From that article: "However, this shift coincides with a time of waning vaccine immunity in many people. The study did not factor the time from vaccination -- and potential waning immunity -- into the analysis. The study also does not capture the effect booster doses may have and was conducted before the emergence of the Omicron variant."

Surely there's no political reason for the CDC to publish the information that people like yourself would love to hear.  Right?

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #518 on: February 07, 2022, 09:29:25 AM »
Treat COVID with drugs? No way man, I don't even know what's in those drugs. :D

>>I found one article fromm CNN. Notice how different it is from the one from the hill

The article from the hill is an opinion piece.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #519 on: February 08, 2022, 02:08:08 PM »
>>I found one article fromm CNN. Notice how different it is from the one from the hill

The article from the hill is an opinion piece.

C'mon Jake, let's work on that media literacy.

I'm still on the fence about vaccine mandates, and incorporating recent infection does make sense to me (I've seen it done in some areas already). But in the end, this is all about how to work around the fact that people are just making bad decisions. Vaccines are so much safer and so much more effective than even the drugs that actually work (let alone stupid shit like ivermectin), and yet so many folks have a predisposition to distrust "the man" that when their media tells them they should do so they happily comply to the tune of hundreds of thousands of preventable deaths. It's moronic and frustrating and sad.