Author Topic: Ubuntu  (Read 4706 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Ubuntu
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2009, 11:21:37 AM »
I shocked everyone by purchasing 7 completely on the legit and dual booting it with ubuntu
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

drakkenkorin

• Jackass VI
    • http://www.google.com
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2009, 03:20:15 PM »
Ubuntu loaded (dual boot).  So far, I'm digging it.
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

drakkenkorin

• Jackass VI
    • http://www.google.com
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2009, 06:01:02 PM »
So at first I loaded ubuntu netbook remix distro and it was ok. A bit limited and the interface was a bit childish (tabs on the left with common tasks and that's about it).

So I decide to take the plunge and go full ubuntu. Bad part - while installing, I didn't notice that the selected partition option was complete wipe and install and like a dunbass I said go.

Oops - bye bye vista.

O well - that's what I get for not paying attention.
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2009, 12:25:39 AM »
Use the restore disk, then reload ubuntu. And ya go full distro
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

-KEN-

• Some Other Mofo
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2009, 06:21:46 PM »
Eh, test out Ubuntu for a while as your only OS. I can use it as my primary if I have to, and I really do like it better than Windows, but I like OSX a helluvalot more.