Author Topic: Rosh Hashana - stupid sermons  (Read 576 times)

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
Rosh Hashana - stupid sermons
« on: September 12, 2007, 11:04:04 PM »
I just got home from services...they were pretty good until the rabbi started the sermon.  He went on for 25 minutes with every cliche and fortune cookie bit of self rightous advice you can imagine.  We're talking all the highlights: Live life to its fullest.  Quit watching reality TV, get off the couch, and interact with your family, life doesn't wait to end when you're finished so do something, if we could live life backwards etc, and finally, we can best measure life in love...It was excruciating. 

Why oh why, does he think that just because he has his 2nd largest adudience of the year, we want to hear the self-rightous goblty goop that fills the "self-help" section of barnes and noble?   Is this just my rabbi?  Or are all clergymen/women like this?

I won't be going back to his service tomorrow...
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Rosh Hashana - stupid sermons
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 11:27:50 PM »
Oh, is THAT why there were cars parked all down the road that's supposed to be two lanes on both sides today?  Man, what a pain in traffic that was.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 12:13:10 AM »
Oh crap... Rosh Hashana is tonight?!? Oh well...

Happy New Year!

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 12:17:20 AM »
i didn't see it on my calendar. go figure.  I just told my wife, she thought it odd that none of her fellow non-practicing jewish relatives said "happy rosh hashana" to her.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."