Author Topic: NFL Playoff Predictions  (Read 54616 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
NFL Playoff Predictions
« on: January 06, 2012, 01:48:24 PM »
So, let's have em:

Steelers vs. Broncos: Broncos - Steelers aren't healthy enough this year (and it pains me to say that)
Cincinnati vs. Houston: Houston - I don't think Dalton is ready yet
Atlanta vs. Giants: I don't really care..... Giants
Lions vs. Saints: Saints but I'll be secretly rooting for the Lions

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: NFL Playoff Predictions
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 02:04:04 PM »
I just entered into a pool. For $10, fuck it. This is how I put it, and then how Ashley entered hers. People call me crazy, but you'll see.

Steelers vs Broncos: Steelers. Tebow is not going to beat the Steelers in the post season, and their defense is not going to stop Ben and the offense in the post season even if Ben looses a whole friggen leg.

Bengals vs Texans: Bengals.

Atlanta vs Giants: Giants.

Lions vs Saints: Saints. The Lions....man I would love to see them win, but the Saints are deadly in the post season and Brees is a monster. But, the Lions absolutely stand a chance. I'm banking this bet on Brees.

Then I have:

Steelers vs Patriots: Steelers. Call this wishful thinking, I say this matchup is 50/50.

Bengals vs Ravens: Come on, who isn't going to pick the Ravens here?

Green Bay vs Giants: Green Bay

SF vs Saints: Saints

Green Bay vs Steelers (Super Bowl): Steelers. Points total 60.

Not sure any teams have ever met in the SB two years in a row.

Ashley picked:

Steelers vs Broncos: Broncos
Bengals vs Texans: Bengals
Atlanta vs NY: Atlanta
Lions vs Saints: Lions

Broncos vs Pstriots: Patriots
Ravens vs Bengals: Ravens
Packers vs Falcons: Packers
SF vs Lions: Lions

Patriots vs Ravens: Patriots
Packers vs Lions: Packers

Patriots vs Packers: Packers, total points 57.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 02:19:56 PM »
No offense, but you're a fucking idiot if you think the Steelers are going to the Super Bowl, let alone winning it this year.  Have you watched them play this year?  It's lackluster at best.  Downright sad at other times.  They lack the flare and sheer power of past years.  The only thing they have going for them is Brown right now and if Ben can't hit him 80% of the time on a bad leg, they're fucked.  The only thing that is going to keep them in any game is the defense and Clark is out and he plays a big role.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 02:41:12 PM »
Yea I've heard it all, I've seen some games, I keep up.

Still, I stand behind it.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 03:43:08 PM »
>>Steelers vs Patriots: Steelers. Call this wishful thinking, I say this matchup is 50/50.

yeah, the Steelers defense is insane but I've heard their offense has slacked a bit recently.  The patriots are in the opposite boat with a horrible D all year but the team has kept afloat by offensive dumb luck and tom brady's dreamy eyes.  It'll be a good game if that is in fact that match up on the 14th. 
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

PJYelton

• Power of Voodoo
  • Jackass In Charge
    • TheRecursiveFractal
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 04:27:34 PM »
I think the Steelers have a great chance of making the Super Bowl solely because of how weak the AFC is this year.  I would put the Patriots as the best chance with the Steelers being second.  I think Baltimore is way overrated and everyone else just sucks.  I honestly think the Broncos are the worst team to ever make the playoffs.

Steelers in a blowout
Texans in a close one
Falcons in a close one
Saints in a blowout

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 06:24:50 PM »
Lions win every game 49-0, even the ones they're not in

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 08:31:05 PM »
Here we go....

Bengals at Texans - Toughest one this week. Between the Bengals being the Bengals and Houston being so hurt and on a losing streak...I'll go with Houston...

Lions at Saints - I don't like the Lions being healthy or the Saints being a bit banged up....they're the Saints...but I cautiously think we eek this one out...the Dome is REALLY loud and hard for opponents. I think it's a great advantage.

Falcons at Giants - Giants. Fuck the dirty birds.

Steelers at Broncos - I think the Steelers will limp by. I think that defense is too good and will get in Tebow's head.  It'll be close though because Pit is so banged up.

Next week -

Saints at 49ers - Saints.  I think we match up better here. We are decent at run stopping recently, and even though San Fran has that insane D - if we stick to balance I think we can beat them.

Giants at Green Bay - GB - I don't think that needs explanation.

Pitt at Baltimore - Baltimore wins again.  Steelers are too banged up

Houston at NE - New England....easily

Conference Championshps:

Nola at GB - I can't bring myself to pick Nola.  I want to, and I think we match up well thanks to GB's injuries - and because we're smoking hot now, but I can't manage the disappointment.

Bal at NE - NE is tough at home. NE

Super Bowl: GB vs NE - GB - I think they've got the better defense and the offenses are evenly matched. Same goes if it's Nola vs. NE - bottom line I think the NFC will win.
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 08:50:04 PM »
>>.the Dome is REALLY loud and hard for opponents. I think it's a great advantage.

They are in NOLA? Oh the Lions are so screwed.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 09:04:25 PM »
No its special this year, the 6 seed gets homefield

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 09:09:30 PM »
I don't understand any of that shit. I just look at whos playing, I couldn't tell ya without looking whos home, whos visiting, what a seed is, the fuck do I care I got you tools.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 09:37:47 PM »
Hey govt, these were the days....

Final bet payoff....thank god.

Warren Sapp is the sexiest man alive. If i could do things to this man i wouldn't hesitate. From his giant muscles to his tight booty this man has it all. If you've never seen the man naked, its something you must experience in your lifetime.

Allow me to give you ten reasons why warren sapp makes me hott:

1) His rip muscles
2) His tight booty
3) His football skills
4) His bald head.
5) His deep eyes.
6) His awsome pecks.
7) The way he looks in uniform.
8) The way he walks.
9) The way he tackles other men.
10) I hate govtcheez so much rite now.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2012, 08:06:58 AM »
Crazy Cheez's Guide to the Playoffs

There are 4 divisions in each conference.  The winners of each division make up the 1-4 seeds for each conference, arranged in order of record (and then tiebreakers if record is the same).  The 5 and 6 seeds are the Wild Cards, which are the two best records in the conference, again in order of record.  This weekend is Wild Card Weekend, which means the 1 and 2 seeds each get a bye and 3 plays 6 and 4 plays 5.  The higher seed always gets homefield.  After this week, the 1 seed plays the lowest remaining seed and the 2 plays the other team.  The week after that, conference championships, the week after that is the Pro Bowl, and then the Super Bowl!

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2012, 01:52:58 PM »
Got it

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2012, 05:10:51 PM »
lol these young, inexperienced, and beat up AFC teams are giving a funny start...
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own