Author Topic: New shopping list  (Read 9065 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
New shopping list
« on: April 11, 2008, 08:27:18 PM »
Ok, so normally my grocery shopping consists of a few key things.

Milk
Frosted Mini-Wheats
TV Dinners (the 1.00 ones)
Hot pockets
Banannas

Normally i will spend about 50.00 among these key things. NOW, i need to alter my diet before i keel over and fucking die. So tomorrow im going food shopping, with a budget of right about 50.00. I only have 65.00 to play with until i get paid this week, and i just need to get some basics in the house until then. Any suggestions as to what to purchase to not only get the most out of my budget, but to help improve my health?
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: New shopping list
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 08:31:14 PM »
Frosted Mini-Wheats
TV Dinners (the 1.00 ones)
Hot pockets
i mean honestly

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 08:38:35 PM »
Plz help me :(
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 08:40:33 PM »
Reasonably healthy cheap shit: bulk chicken, whole grain rice, beans, etc.

Eating healthy and cheap is not hard or uncommon.  I mean here

edit: I shouldn't need to say it, but stop eating out.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 08:46:53 PM »
Yea i stopped eating out. My trip to Five Guys last night was my last night out. People have me all paranoid that im going to die now. I know i eat like shit, but i actively ride my four wheeler like every day. I have always been active, and when i ride im normally racing which is phenominal exercise so i never imagined it would be this bad.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 09:40:01 PM »
Carrots, brocolli, cauliflower, green beans, kale, spinnach, artichokes, asparagus, are all good selections too.  Several are as good raw as cooked.

WHERE THE FUCK IS OUR SPELL CHECKER???!!!

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 09:41:32 PM »
right now this is my general idea list

Pasta (which i love)
Oatmeal
Banannas
Skim Milk
Cheerios

I used to hate skim milk but its all my ex ever bought and after a while i didnt even care anymore so why not use that right?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008, 09:46:07 PM »
There is pretty much 0 protein in that list and that sucks.  Also no vegetables and that sucks worse

(ps pasta really isn't that good for you)

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 09:48:34 PM »
How come like 90% of the threads on the internet like this go

"Help me get healthy"
"OK buy shit like this and you can also find things on google here"
"OK here's what I got so far:
Cheerios"

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 09:49:10 PM »
its not? well shit i eat that alot. i came up with the list from those sites lol. Maybe some frozen vegtables. I really like corn. and Brocolii isnt TOO bad.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2008, 09:49:39 PM »
Because the veggie commercials dont have the adorable little kids and the bee logo. 

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2008, 09:51:20 PM »
its not? well shit i eat that alot. i came up with the list from those sites lol. Maybe some frozen vegtables. I really like corn. and Brocolii isnt TOO bad.
Corn is basically sugar in a casing, plus people tend to slather it with salt and butter, especially the frozen variety

Pasta isn't inherently bad but it's almost pure carbs and most people tend to eat waaaaaaay too much of it in a sitting.  That can apply to pretty much anything though.  If you're going to get pasta at least get Barilla Plus or some offbrand equivalent.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2008, 09:58:24 PM »
See my problem is when i think healthy, i defualt to my racing season diet. During the summer when im racing i have always lived pretty much off of water (gatorade during heats, mainly for taste), pasta, banannas, and steak. But its an expensive diet lol. I do that because, if im correct, the pasta is loaded with the carbs i need, the steak has the protein, and the banannas have alot of potasium, which helps with muscle fatigue.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2008, 10:04:40 PM »
That diet sucks.

Seriously, just look at the food pyramid and follow that.  Gatorade sucks - if you really need flavor that badly buy those little flavor packet things.  Pasta is not that good.  Bananas are OK.  You can't afford steak.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2008, 10:08:56 PM »
That diet sucks (apparently) but its gotten me through alot of years of racing lol. Steak is a big no no for me right now, like you said. And gatorade seems to be a 50/50 thing. Some people and docs will tell you its horrible, and others like it. I will say that technically i think you should drink water of gatorade, but water tends to cramp my stomach when im riding or working out. I dont get that so much with gatorade because i dont tend to drink asm much of it. I dont know why.

So i can drop the pasta from the list. Add frozen veggies. I'm thinking of adding some bagels too, maybe some lowfat butter for them. I'm assuming cream cheese is out...