Author Topic: New shopping list  (Read 9060 times)

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: New shopping list
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2008, 10:16:05 PM »
Bagels are horrible.  The oatmeal and cheerios are fine.  Stop adding breakfast food.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2008, 10:19:10 PM »
How about some ham steaks or something lol. Lunchmeat is out because its expensive and i eat way to much of it when its there.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2008, 10:22:20 PM »
chicken
fish
turkey
lean beef

Seriously, you can get chicken cheap as shit and prepare it about 4000 different ways.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2008, 10:23:27 PM »
I didnt realise it was cheap. I just assumed it was expensive. Ok so chicken definitly can move up, cuz i can get diff veggies and have a good meal there. Appareicate the help =]
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2008, 01:29:46 PM »
Are you going for radical change or small steps that can stay permanent?

Listening to all the good advice is good, but I would focus on finding ways to eat your chicken without frying it and covering it with cheese (no chicken parmigiana) and find some veggies you like and how you like to cook them (or eat them raw without a pile of ranch with each bite). Then again, eating those things is probably better than tv dinners and hot pockets, so if that's your first step then :thumbsup:

If you're getting rid of eating out cold turkey and you can do it, great. But if you feel like you could fall off that wagon at any time, just make a rule that you can only eat out once a week or only get fast food once a month or whatever is easy to accomplish. Once that habit sticks you'll end up going even less often.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2008, 01:33:30 PM »
Bagels are horrible.  The oatmeal and cheerios are fine.  Stop adding breakfast food.

and bagels are awesome. screw you.
they're delicious but they've got a ton of calories and it's pretty much nothing but carbs

also he's got enough breakfast stuff

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2008, 03:43:59 PM »
I'm going to boil the chicken and veggies i think. Baking the chicken is just as bad as frying it, correct? Also im not trying to loose weight. im 6ft1 and 175lbs im fine there lol. If anything, i should be bulking up more and toning it

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2008, 04:59:30 PM »
> Baking the chicken is just as bad as frying it, correct?

What the fuck?  No

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2008, 08:54:02 PM »
Bake or broil the chicken. You can fry it also if you aren't really using oil or breading and stuff.

If you can find a cheap steamer, I like steamed veggies better than boiled. It's just as easy to do, too.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2008, 08:56:16 PM »
Frying the chicken in olive oil wouldnt be a huge deal either

Also, grillin playa!

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2008, 09:17:32 PM »
Yeah, it's really about cutting down on the really bad things. I mean, it's probably not a big deal if you have a lot of carbs or if you don't have veggies every meal, but if you're trying to get healthier cholesterol rather than lose weight or something then removing fast food and tv dinners and adding oatmeal or cheerios and some veggies will be a huge help.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2008, 10:04:17 PM »

and bagels are awesome. screw you.
they're delicious but they've got a ton of calories and it's pretty much nothing but carbs

also he's got enough breakfast stuff

They got about 200-300 calories about maybe 3g
of fat. Your'e right about hte carbs things, though.
It depends on the bagel.  You can easily get 400+ calories from it and a lot more if you put butter or cream cheese or whatever on them

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2008, 10:23:24 PM »
Yeah but it's RoD we're talking about here.  He's going to fill it with bavarian creme and stick it in a deep fryer

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2008, 07:34:03 AM »
Yeah but it's RoD we're talking about here.  He's going to fill it with bavarian creme and stick it in a deep fryer

...then have sex with it!

Nah, it would burn me. So i went shopping last night. Got basically what i laid out less the bagels lol. Got some yogurt, chicken, cheerios, 2% milk, banannas, water, etc. Thanks guys, getting ready to unplug the computer and head to the new place =]

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2008, 03:58:31 PM »
One thing that I have found useful:  George Foreman grills.  They really do reduce the amount of fat that the food is cooking in and if you don't let it over cook it'll still be juicy as hell.

For veggies I've found that just getting the frozen bags of mixed veggies a lot easier then dealing with fresh ones.  You don't have to worry about them going bad.  Instead of putting butter on them just use something like lemon juice.  Granted fresh veggies taste better.

For chicken try to find the skinless boneless ones.  One of the nice things I found at Costco was a package of chicken breasts that were put into pouches of 2 or 3 breasts.  The pouches were seperated by perferation so you could pull one off.  The trick with chicken is finding different ways to cook it up.  Lately I have been playing with different dry seasonings and then just cooking it on the george.