Nothing & Everything > Open Discussion

Peace Corps

(1/3) > >>

Jake:
I'm really thinking about volunteering for the Peace Corps. I feel that this is the time (or rather after I graduate this December) I need to get away from here. I need to leave, and be alone for a couple of years. I'd also love to help people, so this seems like a good choice. I understand that the helping people bit should be the first on my list, but hey, I'm kind of selfinsh like that. I've begun the application process tonite, as it is rather freagin lengthy. Also, I heard that the selection process is pretty rigid...

what do you guys think about this? I'd love to hear some of your thoughs.

website for the peace corps: http://peacecorps.gov/

Mike:
The real peace corps
jk ;)

Go for it.  I had a professor that did it and he really enjoyed it

Govtcheez:
I've thought about doing that as well, but I feel like I'm too old (never minding that I'm not much older than you).

Jake:

--- Quote from: Govtcheez ---I've thought about doing that as well, but I feel like I'm too old (never minding that I'm not much older than you).
--- End quote ---

from the research I did, most volunteers are actual either in their late 20's or early 30's  or over 45...   so thats not an excuse cheez!

Jake:
BTW, the regions I would be lloking at are Pacific Islands, Latin America, and the Caribbean. I'm pretty limited in the fact that I don't speak fluent French or Spanish - I do understand French though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version