Author Topic: Sin City  (Read 2921 times)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Sin City
« on: September 15, 2005, 11:54:47 PM »
Just got done watching the DVD and I'm not so sure how I'd rate the movie. It's different from anything else I've watched. It didn't quite have the normal movie feel to it but I think for what it is it's great. I was hoping for a bit more of Jessica Alba though so I was kinda dissapointed. Huge cast though and good acting across the board I think.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Sin City
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 12:10:57 AM »
I saw it in the theaters and lvoed it...rented it out yesterday to see it again, maybe later tonite :)

and I do agree on the Jessica Alba point.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

PJYelton

• Power of Voodoo
  • Jackass In Charge
    • TheRecursiveFractal
Sin City
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 12:17:25 AM »
Absolutely loved this movie.  I saw it twice on opening day, my girlfriend was sick so couldn't see it with me that night so I snuck out and watched it the afternoon.  Lo and behold she got better so I saw it again that night.  Didn't mind though, like I said I loved the movie.

And I third the opinion on Jessica Alba.  They asked her to be topless in the bar scene since thats how the character is in the novel but she refused.  DAMN YOU JESSICA ALBA!!

Canuck

• Eh?!!
  • Founders
  • Andy Moog Fan
    • My Website
Sin City
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 03:29:54 PM »
I was disappointed in how much they showed Jessica Alba as well.

As others have stated, it is quite different than any other movie I have seen, but I didnt like it that much.. My friend purchased the dvd, so I borrowed it.  With 20-30 minutes left, I was asking myself, when is this going to be over?!!

PJYelton

• Power of Voodoo
  • Jackass In Charge
    • TheRecursiveFractal
Sin City
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 04:03:04 PM »
Ummm... dead Rory?

PJYelton

• Power of Voodoo
  • Jackass In Charge
    • TheRecursiveFractal
Sin City
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 06:06:02 PM »
*** WARNING - SPOILERS if you haven't seen the movie yet! ***

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not, so if not I'll explain the ending.  If you remember, at the very beginning of the movie the guy with the cigarette is a hitman who kills the girl with the red lipstick.  The ending implies that the prostitutes hired the same hitman to kill Becky after she betrayed them.  She realizes this as she hangs up the phone which is why she tells her mom she loves her.

If I remember correctly, a lot of people were upset because that last scene doesn't appear in any of the novels and was just added to tie the opening with the ending.  I think in the novels Becky dies in the shootout in the alley along with the rest of the thugs.

PJYelton

• Power of Voodoo
  • Jackass In Charge
    • TheRecursiveFractal
Sin City
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 11:36:31 PM »
Quote from: ethic
So the only other time that guy was in the movie
was at the beginning when he killed the girl with
red lipstick?
Yup.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: Sin City
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 08:07:13 AM »
I just saw this last night... it was an ok flick.  I liked the color on B&W effect... very cool.  I thought some of the acting was shitty, but I assume that was how they wanted it.  I thought some of it was stupid... some of it was ok.  I'm glad I didn't pay to rent it (friend gave it to me).

Rory was hot and I've never seen much in Alba.  She just doesn't do it for me.  Brittney Murphy looked like white trash like she always does.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 08:34:57 AM »
HAHAHAHA... you're funny!  And I already have my perfect woman... no need to go after her.  She's all yours ;)

drakkenkorin

• Jackass VI
    • http://www.google.com
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2006, 09:45:51 AM »
>>Brittney Murphy looked like white trash like she always does.<<

:rofl:

i thought i was the only one who thought that!
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez