Author Topic: Oblivion  (Read 9937 times)

Ken Fitlike

• Jackass V
  • Ebeneezer McScrooge
Re: Oblivion
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2007, 04:22:51 PM »
If you do it so it just damages health you should only need a destruction of 50.

Thanks, that worked. :) But I think I'll just stick with death-by-deadric-biffsword.

Oblivon Mods

And of course <selfless plug :D>, anything with PJ in front of the name like PJ's Spell Compendium, PJ's Lightning strikes before storms, and my favorite PJ's Disco spell:
http://www.tessource.net/files/file.php?id=5272

:cool: Although, it'll be the weekend at least before I get a chance to check any of them out.

>>alchemy<<

What Mike said. It's been the quickest advancement for both characters I've played for any length of time and is a good game cash-cow. If you have one each of the mortar, alembic, retort and calcinator it improves the efficacy of created potions.

The ingredient vacuum cleaner looks interesting, I may have a look at that this weekend, too. :)
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2007, 11:36:43 PM »
Ouch!  Some guard called me a murdering bastard.  I've only killed 28 people and have only assulted 106 people.  I'm not all that bad...

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2007, 11:47:46 PM »
I just found the new Daedra fashison

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2007, 01:13:26 AM »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bassy

• Red Panda
  • Jackass IV
    • My website
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2007, 07:39:16 PM »
I have to get back to this game but my WoW addiction is taking up the spare gaming time. Currently i am about level 12 - not yet started main quest and gently bumbling around the countryside - I havent even yet joined any of the mages or fighters guilds - though I have the pre-quest thingy for the mages.
People in bamboo houses shouldn't throw pandas

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2007, 09:05:00 PM »
My advice is become King Shit of the Theives Guild.  This quest gives you seveal items that help you along in nearly everything you do from there on out.  Especially the grand item at the end of the Theives Guild quest.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2007, 09:22:51 PM »
I went through and became king shit of every guild and finished the MQ but I didn't like the character.  So now I'm starting over using a different approach.  I "murdered" an annoying wizard for damaging my luck so I ended up joining the Dark Brotherhood earlier then I had expected.  The good news is free armor.  I'm thinking of the the thieves guild real quick to the the cowl.  I had read that if you wear the cowl when finishing the quests for the DB that the alternate personality gets the infamy.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2007, 11:35:32 PM »
The cowl is THE SHIT.  Yes wear the cowl be nasty take it off and nobody knows you were a naughty character.  Alternate identity.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2007, 12:40:47 AM »
Too bad you can't put it on, have the guards attack, and then take it off to have them stop attacking.

Heh I had fun getting into the Thieves guild.  Guard saw me go in the house (the whore was right there so I couldn't waste time) and was waiting for me to come out so I decided to resist and ran to the guy to turn in the diary.  I then proceeded to kill the two guards but decided to reload instead of paying one grand to get rid of my bounty.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2007, 02:46:10 PM »
Actually if you can get away long enough so that the guards stop chasing you and THEN remove the hood you are totally cool again.  It seems to be a matter of what proximity to the guards (or whoever) that matters.  I have murdered guards galore, run into a convenient woodland for a while, yanked the hood off and walked right back into the city with no issues at all.  Neat.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2007, 03:21:36 PM »
I had read that if you wear the cowl when finishing the quests for the DB that the alternate personality gets the infamy.
Do you get infamy even if you do the murders without anyone else knowing?  I'll have to check when I get home but I don't think my character has any infamy right now.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2007, 11:45:15 PM »
If you have the cowl you have infamy :P (unless you cheated of course)

Added some more screenshots.  There are two main types of shots:  "Arrow, it's what's for dinner" and "You'll shoot your eye out"

http://members.entropysink.com/index.php?path=Mike%2Fscreenshots/

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2007, 04:02:23 PM »
So what is your normal reaction when you get caught wearing the cowl by accident (i.e. you fast travel to a city forgetting you have it on)?  Do you kill the poor guard who thought he'd get a promotion or do you run?

Personally I've been having a lot of fun murdering with the cowl on.  I'm going to see how big of a bounty I can get :D

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2007, 06:58:42 PM »
Usually I murder the guard.  If there are a bunch and I figure I am hosed, I turn on God mode.  Kill them for laughs, turn off GM, and go back to a save hopefully remembering to remove the silly thing next time.  It makes for a fun diversion.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2007, 08:12:39 PM »
Reflect Damage FTW :P  I can usally handle 4 guards beating on me.  Though if I have room I'll often times kite them.

The best is doing assassinations with it on.  I killed the female guard chick in lizard town inside the barracks.  Put the hood on, killed her, took off the hood, and by the time the guard got to the room he didn't know what was going on and I walked out :P