Author Topic: Everyone has AIDS!  (Read 4704 times)

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Everyone has AIDS!
« on: May 17, 2005, 02:57:48 PM »
Just a reminder to everyone that the Team America: World Police DVD came out today.  Do yourselves a favor and at least rent this.  It's absofuckinglutely hilarious, and it rips on everyone, so there's no real point in getting offended by it.

Sang-drax

• You created me, friend, you created me.
  • Jackass IV
    • http://strandmark.com
Everyone has AIDS!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 03:10:15 PM »
Yes, it is very good, but it has the same problem as many episodes of South Park: some 'jokes' are really strange and not funny. For example when the dude (forgot his name) lies in the street and pukes for one minute. Hmm.

The South Park episode 'Good times with weapons' is one of the funniest episodes ever, but it is partly ruined when Butters (sp?) gets locked up and the dogs piss and shit all over him.

America - fuck yeah!

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Everyone has AIDS!
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 03:28:08 PM »
> For example when the dude (forgot his name) lies in the street and pukes for one minute. Hmm.

That scene is great, just for the shock value.  It doesn't have to be high class humor all the time :(

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Everyone has AIDS!
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 06:22:29 PM »
Sang, I just watched it, and you don't want to watch the extended sex scene.  That is all.

Sang-drax

• You created me, friend, you created me.
  • Jackass IV
    • http://strandmark.com
Everyone has AIDS!
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 06:39:49 PM »
Quote from: Govtcheez
> For example when the dude (forgot his name) lies in the street and pukes for one minute. Hmm.

That scene is great, just for the shock value. It doesn't have to be high class humor all the time :(
I agree that it is good for shock value -- it is fun for the first five seconds, but then it continues for 55 more seconds, which changed it from fun to awkward IMO.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Everyone has AIDS!
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2005, 06:47:32 PM »
For me, it started off gross, and then as it went one it got way more ludicrous and funny, especially when it was spraying uncontrollably and he passes out in the giant puddle.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
Everyone has AIDS!
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2005, 07:31:36 PM »
I found the puke scene to be quite funny. Is the extended sex scene funny or stupid?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Everyone has AIDS!
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2005, 07:42:45 PM »
It's pretty much the same as before, but a couple seconds longer.  They put back the things that the censors made them take out.

[stealth]

• the original
  • Jackass V
Everyone has AIDS!
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2005, 08:25:54 PM »
There is no "i" in Team America!

ygfperson

• Founders
    • Last.fm
Everyone has AIDS!
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2005, 09:58:38 PM »
i remember watching it with my friends in a school lecture hall (where they regularly play movies on weekends)... half the lecture hall was drunk (including present company). it was awesome