Author Topic: [Spoiler Posts] Eagle Eye  (Read 4139 times)

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
Re: [Spoiler Posts] Eagle Eye
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2008, 03:07:07 PM »
I'd rather be me than RoD?  Then RoD got an STD?

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2008, 03:32:49 PM »
I'd rather be me than RoD?  Then RoD got an STD?

Correct
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

PJYelton

• Power of Voodoo
  • Jackass In Charge
    • TheRecursiveFractal
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2008, 04:16:32 PM »
Back on topic for a second, heres why the movie sucked, it was utterly preposterous and had way too many "huh?" points on TOP of what you already mentioned.  I know the counter argument of "its only a movie, you can't take it seriously" but the movie needs to make sense within the universe that it creates.

Just a few examples:
  • Why on earth did the computer go out of its way to get the woman to the assembly at the end?  Instead of hatching this crazy plan why not force someone already attending the meeting to wear the necklace?
  • The computer thought that crazy scheme was the easiest way to get Shia into its operating room?  Really??
  • On that note, identical twins don't have the same faces so it wouldn't have mattered anyways!
  • And the computer is able to bend protocol, kill people, and go way beyond what it was initially programmed to be alowed to accomplish yet can't get around the security of this single task it wants to execute even though its been more or less running the task from the beginning of the movie?
  • The computer is able to kill a man out in the middle of a desert but can't figure out a way to stop the main character from traveling for miles across heavily computerized terrain to get to the president?  Its obviously a very quick thinker considering how well it handles saving their asses during multiple chase scenes.
  • Why on earth didn't the main cop just call and say there was a threat on the presidents life instead of thinking the only option was to have Shia try to infiltrate the meeting?
  • And action scenes?  More like nauseating quick shots of unrecognizable cars that make it impossible to tell what the hell is actually going on.
  • And I've heard of product placement in movies, but what the fuck was up with that 30 second long Circuit City ad we had to listen to?

I'm sure I could think of a lot more, but you get the idea.  Yes I know this is long winded, but I'm bored and don't feel like getting my next project started so I'm procrastinating.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2008, 04:54:18 PM »
i didnt think that far into it :lol:

And yea the circuit city ad was lame
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

drakkenkorin

• Jackass VI
    • http://www.google.com
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2008, 05:06:07 PM »
>>On that note, identical twins don't have the same faces so it wouldn't have mattered anyways!<<

Wait - huh?

I thought that was part of the reason they were called "identical"
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

PJYelton

• Power of Voodoo
  • Jackass In Charge
    • TheRecursiveFractal
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2008, 06:18:42 PM »
Very similar faces yes, but twins aren't similar enough to fool a retina or fingerprint scanner or the full face and voice scan shown in the movie.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 06:28:34 PM by PJYelton »

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2008, 06:37:59 PM »
i still think the right twins might be able to fool it

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2008, 06:39:28 PM »
i mean i used to mess with these twins sarah and amanda. Identical in everyway, unless u were sleeping with them amanda was better then sarah but otherwise they are exactly the same. their voices are even identical down to the most precise detail.

PJYelton

• Power of Voodoo
  • Jackass In Charge
    • TheRecursiveFractal
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2008, 07:00:31 PM »
I admit that I don't know much about how a voice scanner would work, but twins have different retina prints and finger prints since these are formed after the cells have split and are not dependent on DNA.  Even the most basic scanners can tell the difference and in fact its easy for anyone to visually tell the difference between two twins fingerprints.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2008, 07:03:47 PM »
i knew the fingerprints were different i didnt know that about the eyes. The computer should have probed, they all feel the same inside.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2008, 10:55:26 PM »
gross.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2009, 08:53:46 AM »
i thought it was fairly decent: 7/10

6/10 for me. +1 that it started out in chicago. -1 is that it kind of started out exactly as "wanted" - which was also filmed in chicago! what's with all the chicago movies these days? I heard on the news some time ago that movie companies are getting some nice incentives to film here though.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2009, 09:05:43 AM »
I still never get then and than right. I think Then = time; than = other spacial differences.  "its later then you think" and "its bigger than you think"  or something like that?

They're both "than". "Than" is for comparison. Bigger, later, taller, smaller, earlier, faster... all use than. Then is for everything else.

a little off topic but since this thread got bumped and I hadn't seen it before let me just say I nearly LOL'd at this post because, in my drawr at work I have a post-it note that I wrote on that reads:
Then = time or sequence of events:
  "I woke up, and THEN I took a shower"
  "Back THEN gas was cheap"
Than = Comparative statements:
  "I am taller THAN you"
  "other THAN work, I have nothing to do"

and under neither that is my password, in case I forget it or the cleaning people want to break into my computer.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2009, 09:07:41 AM »
Wow...