Author Topic: Ubuntu Webserver  (Read 2579 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Ubuntu Webserver
« on: October 21, 2008, 04:11:22 PM »
Ok I have a dedicated server but I'm working on an idea I have been sitting on and I can't have any of it anywhere public. Funny as it sounds coming from me this will be huge. Like land me in center spotlight media, internet law and control debates, new york times big. So I don't want this anywhere near the internet until I flip the switch.

That said I need to do everything local on the laptop. In XP I had used a allinone package that installed apache, mysql, phpmyadmin etc all for me and configured it.

Is there a ubuntu package like this? I need full php, mysql, java, and possibly perl support at the least. I will only have enough time online to install the software so looking for a suggestion as to what to use.

Thnx
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: Ubuntu Webserver
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 04:23:22 PM »
Xampp?

Doesn't have Java but you can add it with mod_jk and tomcat.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 04:32:06 PM »
I thought xammp was a music player?

And booooo to ethic :p
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 04:42:29 PM »
This signature intentionally left blank.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 04:51:50 PM »
Ok gimma a few gotta type that in and take a look. Thnx

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 04:58:31 PM »
Perfect! Ty sir :)

Now I just have to create it. So much of it is over my head but I'm really afraid to let anyone in on it for fear of being cut out and screwed on my own idea. I have gone over it with about 20 people who I trust and not online and everyone says its as incredibly genius as I do so I'm excited :D

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 05:24:24 PM »
Would a non dosclosure agreement protect my idea and any variation of? Incase I need help I could have a nda drafted I guess

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 09:49:06 AM »
Nevermind i found a website with some NDA's i can tweak and tailor to my needs :)

And xampp is PERFECT. Thanks again!