Author Topic: xmen 3 ::includes spoilers::  (Read 2604 times)

drakkenkorin

• Jackass VI
    • http://www.google.com
xmen 3 ::includes spoilers::
« on: May 29, 2006, 01:21:20 AM »
just got home from the movies.

overall, a decent flick, although their attempt at comic moments was a bit annoying.  plus i also thought that the parts with pheonix (sp?) was a bit overdone/over-dramatic.

and talk about surprises!! i would have never have thought cyclops and dr x would be killed off before half the movie was over!

and i'm still mad that there was't a shower scene where they could focus in on colossos (i mean, is that too much to ask for?)
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

A Bit of Fruit

• loves threads ALL ABOUT HIM!!
  • Jackass V
  • Frontier Psychiatrist
Re: xmen 3 ::includes spoilers::
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 01:35:57 AM »
i liked it, i also didnt like killing the people off and the uber focus on phoenix. I liked the stan lee cameo in the beginning that i dont think many people noticed. I liked the casting though
i have a stationary fetish

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 09:58:41 AM »
Yeah, in the beginning, someone behind me was like "hey, wasn't that stan lee?"

I really don't know what to make of it.  I hate that they keep killing the stories behind the characters.  But I guess if you ignore that it was a decent movie.  Nice effects and action. 

My friends also didn't like the jean grey/phoenix focus, and I didn't think killing so many of them off was necessary.  Totally didn't expect Mystique or Magneto to be "cured" though.

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 12:59:51 PM »
Did you guys stay to see the scene after the credits? If not, you missed out :p

drakkenkorin

• Jackass VI
    • http://www.google.com
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 02:04:07 PM »
you better be kidding jawib!

damn, now i gotta ask other people who have saw the movie, either that or go to the movies again.
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

-KEN-

• Some Other Mofo
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2006, 03:34:05 PM »
Do you mean this, Jawib? (might be a spoiler): At the end, Magneto, now supposedly "cured," is sitting in the park with the other old men. In front of him is a chess board with metallic pieces. IIRC, he closes his eyes, extends his hand out to see if he can do it...and the chess piece vibrates.

I was arguing with my friend afterwards if the chess piece really vibrated, or whether the shaking credits made you think it vibrated. Either way, I don't know if they're ballsy enough to make an X4...

And Colossus is cool, but Archangel (at least I'm assuming that's who the winged guy was supposed to be...wish he had a bigger part) was pretty nice to look at.

edit: Oh, nevermind: "If you stick around after the credits, there’s another coda to the story – and it’s one that frankly baffles the shit out of me. It’s of Moira MacTaggart tending to a bandaged patient. Yes, it’s Charles Xavier, back from the dead."
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 03:53:50 PM by -KEN- »

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2006, 06:08:59 PM »
Definitely didn't realize there was that last scene after the credits.  I don't think they should make an X4 though.

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2006, 06:43:57 PM »
Right, the last scene was with that brain-dead guy that we saw briefly when the professor was talking to a class about ethics (and he mentions something about uploading a person's mind into him)

You hear "Hello Moira" and then she says, "Charles?"

Gametaku

• Founders
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2006, 11:56:04 PM »
For those that missed the post credit scene here you go

Over all a good movie,  the fight between pyro and iceman was a let down though.  Though it was cool seeing iceman be iceman.  The battles between storm and miss walking Cerebro were not half bad. 

and ken yea it was techninicly Archangel though currently he is angel.  In the comic story line archangel is the result of genetic  experements by Apocalypse on angel how and  if they handle the change is yet unknown.

My predictions for x4: 

rouge will gain her other abilties not knowing her abilties have become reactive. 

a hint of Apocalypse though I don't think he will make an apperence to X5. 

and something with cycolops do to the fact that I don't actuly recall seeing him die. 

salvelinus

• Founders
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2006, 04:56:26 AM »
I'd doubt there'd be X4 except that X3 is making so much money. There is a Wolverine movie filming now.
True, they didn't actually show Cyclops die, but he was a minor character ever since Wolverine came on the scene in the comics (I'm old enough to have read original Xmen comics then - 10, 15, 25 cents).
Go with the bad joke theory - RoD

PJYelton

• Power of Voodoo
  • Jackass In Charge
    • TheRecursiveFractal
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2006, 12:21:00 PM »
They needed to kill Cyclops off because the actor who played him needed to be on set for the upcoming Superman movie.  I like Cyclops in the comics and other media but I'm glad they killed him off in this one, he was so whiny in the first two movies.  I liked a lot of the movie but also cringed at a lot of parts, most notably the overdone "freedom" shots of Angel.

If they make an X4 (and I think they've insisted that they won't) I'm sure the plot will be along the lines of the characters who lost their power slowly realizing that they are coming back.