Author Topic: Bumped up my recording setup  (Read 3288 times)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Bumped up my recording setup
« on: February 18, 2014, 01:08:14 PM »
So I went on a little bit of a shopping spree over the last few days buying some new recording gear. I purchased a Zoom H6 recorder and a pair of Rode NT2A mics. I'm trying to slim down my recording setup since I just don't need the big multitrack PC setup anymore.

I played a bit with the Zoom the other night when I got it. The mics will be arriving later this week/next week.

Overall I think the Zoom is pretty neat. It still lacks a couple features that I think would be pretty cool but I understand that not many people use those features so it's not really worth it for them to put them in. Most important for me would be a channel phase invert option (which they could do). The other one would be to assign a single input to multiple tracks. These two features would allow for onboard mid-side recording instead of having to do splitters and such externally.

I'll be playing a bit more with it soon and give a better review but I think I'm going to get rid of most of my other gear now which isn't really worth much from looking at ebay listings. Oh well. Gotta love technology.

Oh and the mics I got were a bit overkill but I want to do a Blumlein setup and they seemed to be pretty nice from all of the stuff I read/heard.
This signature intentionally left blank.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Bumped up my recording setup
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 03:07:48 PM »
What are you looking to toss?

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 03:15:07 PM »
Got an old H4 (original) a Yamaha AW16G multitrack and probably the Echo AudioFire12 that will all likely go up. I should probably try and go through some of the misc stuff I have too and clean that out too.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 02:06:34 AM »
Oh and on a related note, I also picked up a Cajon. Got me a Schlagwerk CP404BLK.