Author Topic: Android Force Close problem  (Read 2271 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Android Force Close problem
« on: April 26, 2011, 02:37:27 PM »
My wife has a Droid X Pro and lately a lot of apps keep force-closing on her.  I've read everything from trying to find 'problem' apps and uninstalling them to doing a factory reset.  Anyone run into this and have a fix?  She doesn't download a lot of apps... mainly some games for the kids.

It's just frustrating and I've been googling for like 20 minutes without finding much.

drakkenkorin

• Jackass VI
    • http://www.google.com
Re: Android Force Close problem
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 06:09:08 PM »
Is it force-quitting the "standard" apps, apps she downloads from the marketplace, or all of them?

Have you tried a different version of the OS or the new one (if available).

(I'm trying to get rid of my Android b/c I think it blows dirty ass - the carrier is looking over my request and I should have an answer within 5 days.  Keeping my fingers crossed.)
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 01:15:02 AM »
I have two Droid phones at the moment; an older Cliq running android 1.xx and a Droid 2 from work. Neither phone does what you're describing. When have you rebooted it last? I would recommend rebooting your phone at least once a week. Ever since I started doing that overall my experience improved.

BTW I freaking love my Droid 2; the voice recognition software is AMAZING. really. When I upgraded from the BB Storm I immediately took the iPhone, but after a few days I traded that for the Droid 2 and am very happy with my choice. The thing is a freaking workhorse. Only major downside so far: battery life!!!
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 09:23:46 AM »
She probably doesn't reboot very often.  I'll have her start doing that.  I think she's going to uninstall some apps too.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 10:11:28 PM »
any improvements?
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 06:28:19 AM »
Yeah...still having problems with the force?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 09:37:19 AM »
She hasn't complained about it since I worked with it.  All I did was get everything up to date as far as the installed apps.  And a reboot or two.  I think one of the installed apps had a bug that an update fixed.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 09:49:23 AM »
I knew Obe would master the force.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 02:32:33 PM »
I can't decide between a droid or another iphone. Both being free
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2011, 02:40:44 PM »
If you have the choice, I say go droid, unless you plan to game a lot on the device.  In that case, I think the iPhone wins but the Android Market is growing in that arena.