Author Topic: Android  (Read 3068 times)

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
Android
« on: August 27, 2010, 02:06:55 PM »
I just got an Samsung Captivate (yeah, I have at&t) and I like it a lot so far, with one important exception: the calendar sucks. And it's really stupid, simple things too. All they need is for 1) reminders to keep reminding until you turn them off and 2) an option to set my status as 'busy' during certain events. I used those features all the time on my windows mobile phone, and even there they were really buggy (reminders would often go off after I had already dismissed them, or even deleted the event) but at least I never missed a reminder. Anyone here have a good calendar solution for Android? I've tried a couple free recurring reminder apps, but they don't seem to work right.

I also want something to sync with my google calendar, and it looks like some of the options out there set up their own task list

JaWiB

• Jackass V
Re: Android
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 02:09:56 PM »
And how long would it take to learn to develop my own app for android? I think I could do better than half the jokers who put their work on the app store  :p

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 02:15:19 PM »
And how long would it take to learn to develop my own app for android? I think I could do better than half the jokers who put their work on the app store  :p

I think Android App development is in Java, so probably not very long at all.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 02:33:47 PM »
I don't have that functionality on my iPhone.  All you can do is close the reminder.  It doesn't remind you again or allow you to snooze it.

JaWiB

• Jackass V
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 02:40:12 PM »
Well does it at least let you change the reminder ringtone or make it vibrate? I can't seem to figure out how to even do that, so all it does is makes a short noise and there's no way I'm going to hear that even 5% of the time

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 04:03:16 PM »
It vibrates by default and I think i can change the tone.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 01:52:24 PM »

Do it. I have a friend that makes over a thousand a month selling "Calorie Counters" and "power saver" apps for blackberry. (this of course is not his job,just a little cash on the side.) The apps are easy one weekend tasks, the trick is to have fancy icons and a very professional looking website.

JaWiB

• Jackass V
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 05:01:20 PM »
Hmm. I do have a couple weeks before I start grad school...