Author Topic: So why do you record shows?  (Read 1772 times)

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
So why do you record shows?
« on: January 05, 2016, 07:46:53 PM »
I'm on the verge of dropping my Comcast TV and was looking at getting a personal DVR when the question of why I even care enough to record these shows came up.  I'm honestly kinda at a loss and really considering not getting a recorder.  While I get some entertainment out of the shows I can't find a justification for the spending the money to record them.

/shrug

So, why do you record shows?

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Re: So why do you record shows?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 10:11:31 PM »
It almost sounds like you're asking why people watch shows rather than why they record them. I mean, if you're going to watch shows, then you have three options:

* Do it live.
* Record it and watch it at your leisure.
* Find it On Demand or on the internet.

So obviously, you record it if you want to watch it and you can't watch it live and you can't find it on demand or on the internet. Are you normally able to watch everything live? That seems almost impossible for me but I guess if your life isn't quite as busy you could do it.

Now, why do you watch shows in the first place? I don't know. There aren't many "shows" I watch. Just don't have time any more. I tend to record sports and movies on premium channels that would cost money otherwise. Occasionally I'll record specific episodes or events that I want to watch (like a talk show with a guest that I want to see).

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 06:14:37 AM »
Record...

I never watch adds.  Adds are 30% of the show.  If and when I watch a show it saves me wasting 30% of my time.  Plus intros, scheduling, chasing scheduling changes, sorting through re-runs, etc.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 11:47:50 AM »
Record...

I never watch adds.  Adds are 30% of the show.  If and when I watch a show it saves me wasting 30% of my time.  Plus intros, scheduling, chasing scheduling changes, sorting through re-runs, etc.
This.  Plus my wife and I like to binge watch.  We'll wait until a show hits 5-10 episodes and then watch them all in a week or a little more.

And I know they're not cheap, but get a Tivo and get the lifetime membership.  Love my Tivo.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 11:54:11 AM »
Record...

This. plus we take the dvr to the cabin and watch stuff over the weekends.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.