Author Topic: Dual Monitor software  (Read 2932 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Dual Monitor software
« on: November 29, 2007, 09:28:28 PM »
What do you guys use?  I want something that will flip an application between monitors and possibly even let me display different desktop backgrounds.

Free is great but I'd be willing to consider others!

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
Re: Dual Monitor software
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 09:40:57 AM »
Do you need special software for that? I use dual heads on linux and I just drag applicatoins back and fourth, I can have different wallpapers too. I'm pretty sure you can do the same thing in windows.

VBprogrammer

• Back on GMT thank god
  • Jackass IV
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 04:13:18 AM »
Don't think its what your after exactly but I use Synergy in the computing labs at uni. Lets you control 2 or more different computers with the same keyboard and mouse. Version available for lesser OS'es such as Windows.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 02:03:03 PM »
Do you need special software for that? I use dual heads on linux and I just drag applicatoins back and fourth, I can have different wallpapers too. I'm pretty sure you can do the same thing in windows.
I can drag stuff back and forth, but it has to be not-maximized before you can do it.  Windows doesn't allow different wallpapers by default.

And VB, nope, that's not what I'm after.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 03:25:43 PM »
I used UltraMon for a little while - until a driver update nixed my second monitor (I have to reinstall).  I really liked it.  It let you do just about anythign independently on either monitor.
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 09:21:45 PM »
UltraMon is exactly what I was looking for.  Thanks Kermi!  Couldn't think of the fucking name.