Author Topic: Brady's 50th TD, Moss' 23rd TD and a 16 and 0 victory to boot  (Read 4140 times)

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Brady's 50th TD, Moss' 23rd TD and a 16 and 0 victory to boot
« on: December 30, 2007, 11:57:56 AM »
the perfect regular season stat is nice but I was most psyched for that 65-yard record-breaking Brady to Moss TD. 

I have a personal vendetta against the previous record holder so when Moss ran across the end zone I broke out the Champagne*

It was overall a tough game, the Pats have been playing like their old selves  (close games that come down to the wire) for the last 4 or 5 weeks.  But thats the way Patriots football should be - and, as Teddy Bruschi said after the game, thats how he's used to playing, "That 58 to 7 stuff was new to me."

Anyone else watch?

*champagne = $5 bottle of California spumante
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Brady's 50th TD, Moss' 23rd TD and a 16 and 0 victory to boot
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 12:11:18 PM »
 :cry:  so close!

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 12:12:33 PM »
Manning and Rice's previous records still impress me more. 

Manning's because he sat out so many minutes in the 2nd half once the game was decided (as opposed to the Pats running up the score) - I'm sure you'll disagree with me.

Rice is still more impressive because he did it in 12 games.  I don't think you'll argue with that one.
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 12:13:16 PM »
How can you hate Peyton Manning?  He's awesome!

Also, thank you very much Tom Brady for pretty much singlehandedly carrying my money league fantasy team this year :)

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 12:22:48 PM »
How can you hate Peyton Manning? 

Its more personal then anything else.  My sister-in-law is from Indianapolis (and actually, now my brother lives there too) and all they do is talk about how great the Colts are and how awesome Peyton is and what a great and moral team the Colts are and how they don't get called for excessive celebrations and their coach is a Christian...  So i just can't stand hearing anything more about the Colts. 

Then last year they beat us in the AFC championship game, so that instantly made them my least favorite team going into this year.  Not to mention, their a fairly big rival, not so much within the division but as far as record setters.

As a football fan, I have to admit Manning is a great quarterback and, damn it, some of his commercials are kind of funny....

But I'm sick of seeing his mug during every commercial break of every game I watch.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 12:24:26 PM »
How can you hate Peyton Manning? 

Its more personal then anything else.  My sister-in-law is from Indianapolis (and actually, now my brother lives there too) and all they do is talk about how great the Colts are and how awesome Peyton is and what a great and moral team the Colts are and how they don't get called for excessive celebrations and their coach is a Christian...  So i just can't stand hearing anything more about the Colts. 

Then last year they beat us in the AFC championship game, so that instantly made them my least favorite team going into this year.  Not to mention, their a fairly big rival, not so much within the division but as far as record setters.

As a football fan, I have to admit Manning is a great quarterback and, damn it, some of his commercials are kind of funny....

But I'm sick of seeing his mug during every commercial break of every game I watch.

All fair...but I still gotta give him my man love...
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 04:15:40 PM »
Yeah I've never heard Boston fans do anything like gloat about their teams :P
Besides, they live in Indiana.  It's not like there's anything else worthwhile there.

I love Manning because he's a great QB and he's a goof who knows he's a goof and turns that into entertaining commercials and stuff.  How can you not love the priceless pep talk commercials?

I like Brady because he fucks hot women and is a great QB as well.  He makes me feel uncomfortable about my sexuality, though

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2007, 05:54:37 PM »
I have a personal vendetta against the previous record holder so when Moss ran across the end zone I broke out the Champagne*

I thought for a moment that you were talking about Jerry Rice. I was about to be a little bit unhappy.

Anyone else watch?

Yup, I watched most of the second half. I'm rooting against the Patriots having a perfect season, at least until Super Bowl. At that point it depends on who they're playing. I don't know if I'd root for the Cowboys or the Packers, and if they're on the doorstep of an historic season I might be ok with them doing it.

The Steelers are who I'd like to win. But if they don't I'd prefer the Colts.

And it's not the "cheaters" thing either, I haven't been a fan of the Patriots since before their second Super Bowl win.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2008, 04:12:06 PM »
I'm jealous of tony romo, hes a gay faggot but he fucked carrie underwood.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2008, 04:24:44 PM »
And now he's doing Jessica Simpson

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2008, 04:29:23 PM »
Really in a way it makes him my idol. But i hate him.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?