Author Topic: steam?  (Read 8993 times)

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: steam?
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2012, 11:02:54 AM »
I wish they had a larger selection.  Read that as where the heck is Grim Fandango?
Lucasarts is a bunch of dicks.  There's no reason not to re-release all their adventures from the 90s again, especially with the success of the Monkey Island remakes and new Sam and Max.

I still have my CDs for Grim Fandango somewhere.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2012, 11:37:32 AM »
I have them also I think.  It is notoriously difficult to get it to work though.  GoG is good at fixing these things.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2012, 11:38:14 AM »
How is it not the same deal?  Origin keeps track of your games, keeps them updated, and they have some pretty awesome deals.  They also have all of the social network bullshit that steam does.  In my opinion, it's the same fucking thing with a different name.
The Origin sales are limited and crappy at best.  The Origin game selection is comparatively poor also.  Origin does not keep your games indefinitely use them every so often or lose them.  The two services are not  "the same fucking thing with a different name".  I wish they were but they aren't.
No argument on the sales being limited.  No argument on the game selection... it's not meant to be a platform for all games under the sun.  It's an EA specific tool.  They make no attempt to hide that fact.  I don't agree on the 'indefinitely' comment.  Origin picked up games on my system that I haven't played on my current machine even. 

At face value, they definitely aren't the same thing.  If you understand that Origin is not meant to be a replacement for Steam but a delivery tool for EA, then it's basically the same thing and serves the same purpose ... FOR THOSE GAMES.

Yeah.  So basically it is like Blizzard's Battlenet.  I agree with that.