Author Topic: If you're not excited yet...  (Read 6364 times)

Gametaku

• Founders
Re: If you're not excited yet...
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2007, 11:40:53 PM »
If Halo had been released on the PC first, no one would remember it now.
But it wasn't and thus it is now our future

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2007, 08:51:59 AM »
"Halo is the future of gaming"

the person who came up with that bs should be shot for being an idiot
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2007, 11:43:28 AM »
I dunno about shooting them.  I say 27 lashes in front of a crowd of PCs and PS3s.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2007, 11:52:53 AM »
shooting is so much more fun tho.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2007, 01:28:58 PM »
why you gots to be a h8ter?

so anyway, I just blew 45 minutes waiting in line at best buy.
I bought the game online this morning to pick up on my lunch break (which is only 30 minutes).
i made good time getting to the store, 12 minutes away. I thought i'd be in and out in a couple minutes, because I had all my paperwork and had already physically paid for the game.
but no, apparently the "bestbuy.com computers" are down and they had to manually call corporate to verify my order (despite my receipt, order confirmation number, pick-up-ready confirmation e-mail, drivers license and original credit card).....
so they called...and i waited.... and i waited...and it was literally 40 minutes. I'm not exaggerating.  Forty F'ing minutes! WTH? 
after 39 minutes, the other girl behind the counter was like,  "you know, you could just buy the game now and in a week, if you don't pick up the copy you ordered online, they'll credit your card" -- and I was like, fine lets do that -- which happened to be the exact minute that they finally approved me to pick up my own purchase.  geez!!!!
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Dumah

• Jackass IV
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2007, 02:58:24 PM »
I'll wait for it to come out on PC

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2007, 03:54:02 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/09/25/halo3.review/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

Another point of view... 

I have played Halo in the past.  Hated it.  Felt thick, lackluster, and annoying.

Dunno about 2 or 3.

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2007, 06:32:29 PM »
ok, so i just got home from work and played level one.

having never played halo 2, i wasn't sure what to expect in a "halo 3"

...but its kinda exactly like the original halo but with slightly better graphics.

i'm not like disappointed or anything. I'm just underwhelmed.  eh, still pretty kick ass.

"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2007, 02:38:59 AM »
Got to the store at 7 this morning, waited about two minutes in line, and was off :)

So you haven't played online yet? I've played through a bit of the coop so far, and I'm not too impressed (never liked the campaign as much as multiplayer in the other two anyways)

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2007, 05:00:22 PM »
There were a couple people playing it at the bar I was at last night.  It looks prettier than the old ones but basically the same.

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2007, 08:38:39 AM »
for anyone interested, which is no one, I finally got around to finishing the campaign in Halo3 last night.

gotta say, it was a bit of a disappointment.  Similar to the first game, the last leg of the final level involves a ridiculously frustrating warthog challenge.

by the way does anyone understand the plot of the game? I think I picked up maybe 15% of it?  :dunno:  all i know is shoot things when the sights turn red and run around a lot.

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2007, 01:35:39 PM »
So freaking annoying when Cortana pops up and you have to walk slowly, that's all I know. But yeah, my roommates and I finished the campaign on legendary within a few days--it was way too easy on coop.

Still love playing online though :D