Author Topic: Family movies  (Read 1819 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Family movies
« on: December 20, 2017, 01:52:06 AM »
Saw a couple recently.

Wonder - a feel good movie. I'm happy they showed different kids' perspectives with their individual ups and downs and how they were all tied into the main character. Decent acting. 9/10

A Dog's Purpose - pretty sappy, but it was OK overall. I felt a general disconnect with the three lifetimes in the middle; I get that they were needed to move the story along to come back full circle but I don't know why there was that special bond with Ethan. I don't want to give too much away, but I'm curious what you guys think. 6/10

I didn't ask them, but I think my kids liked the dog movie more. they both had tears in their eyes. I think that is because at this age yet it is easier for them to feel more empathetic with a dog than a person...and maybe its because we have a dog. who knows. maybe I'm totally wrong.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Re: Family movies
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 08:42:36 AM »
The first movie I remember crying during was Chips the War Dog, a Disney movie about this dog and his trainer and their unit in WWII. [spoiler]The dog saves a bunch of lives and gets a bunch of medals but then, it turns out dogs can't get medals so they get taken away but the other soldiers in the unit pin their medals on the dog[/spoiler] and I remember being like 12 and bawling.  I recall thinking, "why am I crying, its a movie!"  That wasn't the last movie I cried watching, but it was the first.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 11:53:58 AM »
I cry during 68% of the movies I watch.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 04:05:51 PM »
I can't watch realistic war movies anymore.  Even some action movies get me.  For example, the helicopter sacrifice in London has Fallen got me.