Author Topic: Empty Apartment  (Read 1230 times)

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Empty Apartment
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 07:51:01 PM »
what happened to the days of reading....
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 08:54:44 PM »
I would find a lawyer and FUCK that company up BAD.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 09:51:41 PM »
Man, something tells me there should be some criminal charges in there.  What they did was theft plain and simple.  Too bad there probably isn't anything criminal about it.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 10:00:56 PM »
I would find a lawyer and FUCK that company up BAD.

+1

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 09:38:58 PM »
that is FUCKED UP man. i have to meet with MI state police on monday because another (still unknown) bonding company cleaned out some guys garage and told him he was with ace, gave my name and phone numjber and said it was repo for his sons bond. The guy isnt even out on bond with me, so that company wont be hard to bust.

idiots. that girls whole llife....i hope she gets a HUGE settlement
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2009, 02:02:31 AM »
Seriously?  5k?  They're going to get sued for millions...wow...baby pictures?  Yea they're screwed
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

drakkenkorin

• http://www.google.com
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2009, 08:00:01 AM »
Don't know if criminal charges would stick - after all they weren't going in there to steal her stuff, they were doing thier job by taking all the stuff out.  Remember: actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea.  But punitive damages are DEFINITELY in order.

That's one major fuck up!

I can see her name  on the business that fucked up - she's gonna own it!
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

salvelinus

• Founders
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2009, 08:23:46 AM »
I'd go with criminal charges. I can't go in your driveway & take your car because I thought it was mine. That's still Grand Theft Auto. Also trespassing. B&E if the car was in the garage.
Go with the bad joke theory - RoD

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2009, 09:35:20 AM »
Don't know if criminal charges would stick - after all they weren't going in there to steal her stuff, they were doing thier job by taking all the stuff out.  Remember: actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea.  But punitive damages are DEFINITELY in order.
Yeah, it probably wasn't a criminal act.... but it should be :D

drakkenkorin

• http://www.google.com
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2009, 09:36:52 AM »
Slight difference with your analogy sal - the real estate agency didn't go into the home to take the belongings.  Instead the real estate agency hired a thirdy party to do this and that third party was just following what was on the paper work, which happened to have the wrong address on it.

Also, in your analogy, you can verify your ownership by license plate number or VIN - the third party only had the address, and once it verified the street and apt/condo number, they had no reason to believe they were doing anything wrong.
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

salvelinus

• Founders
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2009, 03:42:01 PM »
So what? If I give you the address to get the car for me, is that okay? I give you the wrong VIN a/o plate number? The criminal charges may go against the realtors rather than the repo people, but it's still a case of breaking in and taking other people's stuff. Any thief could get off if these people could. "Hey, I wasn't stealing, Sal told me to go take the stuff, said it was his".
A third party is really a side issue. What if the realtors themselves had done it? I can't go take your car and claim a defense that I thought it was mine.
I'm not a lawyer, so maybe there is a way to avoid criminal charges, but I don't see any qualitative difference. Afaik, bounty hunters are the only people who can get away with this type of thing, and that only because of an old Supreme Court decision. And they can't take things, only people.
Go with the bad joke theory - RoD

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2009, 04:00:29 PM »
Most likely the company hired by the realtor is 1099 so criminal charges cant be placed on the reality company. So criminal goes to the subcontractor, then you sue both them and the reality company

best of both worlds