Author Topic: Online Wii for Free  (Read 3467 times)

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
Online Wii for Free
« on: August 15, 2006, 02:04:17 PM »
/.

USA Today article:
http://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/2006-08-14-nintendo-qa_x.htm

This is getting way tempting to get one.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: Online Wii for Free
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 02:21:38 PM »
God, between this and the way it looks like Madden will work on it, I don't know how i'm going to avoid buying one of these.

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 08:09:44 PM »
This is new news? I could've sworn I heard it was free a long time ago. In any case, unless they've changed their plans their online will still probably suck, since it will work the same way the DS wifi does (which means exchanging friend codes for each and every game)

Personally, I don't mind paying a subscription for a good service.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 10:14:14 PM »
>Personally, I don't mind paying a subscription for a good service.

I'd have to disagree. If I pay for a game I'm sure as hell not going to pay for the right to play it (I guess that's why i never got into WoW)

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 10:24:28 PM »
>>I'd have to disagree. If I pay for a game I'm sure as hell not going to pay for the right to play it (I guess that's why i never got into WoW)

Absolutely.  I am not going to pay $60 (or even $20) for a game adn then pay $15/month for the right to play it.
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 12:09:24 AM »
I should've been more specific. When I said "subscription" I was thinking of online for a console, not for a single game. Xbox live is like $70 a year but I think it's worth it.

I guess the Wii online could be better, but I'm not counting on it after playing a few DS games online. Each DS game can have a completely different online interface, and the games I've played: A) don't allow you to add people to your friends list without actually talking to them outside the game (exchanging friend codes), and B) don't even tell you if your friends are online. The end result is that I don't play the games for very long because I only have a few friends who own the game, and it's not as fun to play only with random people.