Author Topic: Rainmeter  (Read 1953 times)

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
Rainmeter
« on: February 07, 2012, 10:19:13 PM »
Anyone use it?  I procrastinated away a ton of last night and today setting it up based on this featured desktop

http://lifehacker.com/5881556/the-pining-for-the-fjords-desktop

I modified it a bit - Using a modification of the Enigma for an RSS feeder because it will capture Atom feeds - I have it linked to ProFootballTalk, Verge, and a feed off my GReader with a small collection...So far I like it...If I had a better way to sync iOS reminders I'd add a todo list, but otherwise I'm good.

I'm also using Fences to hide my icons...
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Rainmeter
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 11:52:03 PM »
I used Rainmeter for a little while, but found it to be too much of a drain on whatever computer I was using at the time. Pretty, but I see no need to try it out again.

Also, I'm one for very few icons (I hide all my icons on my desktop). If I need something, I just use the search in the start bar.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 12:31:46 AM »
Who sees their desktop often enough to put data there?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 10:23:39 AM »
I've checked it out in the past.  I'm with Mike... I don't go to my desktop for stuff and most of the widgets are pretty useless to me.  And when you add in the drain that Jen mentioned, it's just not worth it.