Author Topic: Texas Republican Party Education Policy  (Read 9895 times)

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
Re: Texas Republican Party Education Policy
« Reply #75 on: July 07, 2012, 09:36:56 PM »
Nobody has listed a single benefit that
occurs from the class.

Aerobic exercise has been shown to increase memory retention, increase learning, improve overall health, increase self-esteem, decrease future age related cognitive decline, and arguably to decrease depression and anxiety.  As part of a school based program (i.e. these new PE curricula I'm advocating), it has also been shown to increase test scores, decrease fighting, decrease suspension rates, decrease dropout rates, and increase attendance....Those are the benefits.  The book I referenced earlier has lots of specific citations, I'm not going to take the time to go and find specific studies right now...not that it'd matter if I did - it only seems to count for you if it happened to you.....

That's just a reflection of your lack of awareness. Maybe you
don't recognize bullying because you've never experienced it?

Seriously?  I'm a theater dork, male elementary school teacher/psychologist who has been on this career track since I was 15 and was in a frat.  Doyou really think I was never bullied?  That's besides the point.  Of course bullying is bad and needs to be addressed.  I have worked with bullies to stop them from bullying and with bullied kids to help them cope with it.  It's important work and I'm proud to do it. 

Ethic, you and I have a fundamentally different view of schools, their function, and an understanding of what works and what doesn't.  I don't feel like I have anything on the line here.  I'm not losing an argument to you, because we're talking on different planes, and you're not bothering to comprehend what I'm saying...My whole "purpose" is to protect kids who are getting screwed over....
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2012, 11:26:55 PM »
Which would of course not apply to anyone who is bullied in PE

I completely disagree. The world we live in is not cotton candy gum drops and rainbows, life can be tough and school is a place to be introduced to it.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #77 on: July 08, 2012, 12:16:44 AM »
Steve you're wrong on that one IMO.  If you're just getting bullied badly (aka, you don't feel safe in the environment, you're not gonna be learning many positive skills).
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2012, 06:50:24 AM »
Which would of course not apply to anyone who is bullied in PE

I completely disagree. The world we live in is not cotton candy gum drops and rainbows, life can be tough and school is a place to be introduced to it.
even if that's true (it isn't) that doesn't address my statement at all

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2012, 10:35:01 AM »
Sure it does. Not all socializing is nice, not all human interaction is nice, you got to learn to deal with it. Now on the decompression aspect you would be right, but I would imagine kids bullied that much are getting it anywhere those other kids cross their path. With the exception of extreme circumstances they need to find a way to deal with it and make it a positive.

My parents were very good at helping me do just that and in many cases, put it to an end completely. It's all about refusing to be a victim and the parents carry a responsibility to be aware of it, and the kids need to help with that.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?