Author Topic: NFL Playoff Predictions  (Read 54678 times)

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Re: NFL Playoff Predictions
« Reply #270 on: January 15, 2019, 11:59:38 AM »
So that Manning to the Broncos thing worked out pretty well, eh?

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #271 on: January 15, 2019, 02:15:50 PM »
So that Manning to the Broncos thing worked out pretty well, eh?
LOL! and Tebow ended up on the patriots for like a week.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #272 on: January 20, 2019, 11:09:04 PM »
both away teams won in overtime. who saw that coming?!  New England v LA, I'm excited  :D
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #273 on: January 21, 2019, 01:34:42 AM »
both away teams won in overtime. who saw that coming?!  New England v LA, I'm excited  :D

I expected the Patriots and Saints to get out to early leads but I knew both games would be close and probably go to OT. I was just thinking a couple days ago that if the Patriots won the toss in overtime they would be able to score a TD and end it. In the Rams/Saints game I predicted a strip-sack of Brees would lead to the Rams' game-winning field goal in overtime so I was off there.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #274 on: January 21, 2019, 01:35:01 AM »
Also I wanted the Saints and Chiefs to win so :(

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #275 on: January 21, 2019, 01:36:48 AM »
Now I have to figure out how to watch the Super Bowl. I don't have cable anymore, and I've been watching the 49ers and parts of the playoff games on my phone (you can watch free if you have Verizon). But the Super Bowl isn't included so I'm gonna have to figure something out. It will also be my anniversary weekend so it's not like we can just go visit families with nice TVs for the weekend.

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #276 on: January 21, 2019, 09:42:58 AM »
do you have a tv?  any old-school UHF antenna plugged into it should get you crystal clear HD local channels.  Game is on CBS.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #277 on: January 21, 2019, 05:24:51 PM »
I have a TV. I bought one of the fancier modern antennas that go on the window but got nothing. Not sure if it's because I didn't do it right or because we have a large hill and forest directly between us and where all the TV stations broadcast from. It's probably worth it for me to try again, though.

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #278 on: January 21, 2019, 05:33:56 PM »
I'd say try again.

There are several websites, like this one: https://www.antennasdirect.com/transmitter-locator.html where you can see how close you are to which stations.  Generally speaking, if you're within 20-25 miles, you should be good with a set-top antenna as long as you don't have a large hill and a forest between you and the TV stations.

Also, once its hooked up, make sure you go through your TV settings and have it scan for signals.  Its not like the olden days where if the signal goes through the wire the station just starts coming in.  Every single time you adjust the antenna, you have to run a scan again (which is a huge pain in the ass if your TV has a crappy UI like mine)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #279 on: January 21, 2019, 09:32:40 PM »
I tried one of those antennas.  Worked great for most stations EXCEPT CBS which is what carries the Steelers games around here.

Another option is to do a 7 day trial of Hulu w/ TV.  Then just cancel it.  That's what I have and it's great!

Also fuck the Pats.

I wanted the Saints to win it all.  I guess I'll be rooting for the Rams now.

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #280 on: January 22, 2019, 10:43:34 AM »
is CBS on Hulu? I know their stingy about streaming anything via services other then their pricey Watch app.

I had CBS watch for a couple months... when our netflix expired we went a couple months without it and I used some of my google play credits for the CBS app so I could finishing binge watching NCIS, Bluebloods and the first season of the new Star Trek series.

presuming they have the SuperBowl on CBS Watch, I imagine you could sign up for their free week as well and then cancel.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #281 on: January 22, 2019, 12:04:29 PM »
Yes, CBS is on Hulu.  I also paid like $6/month for CBS specifically until I settled on Hulu.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #282 on: January 23, 2019, 06:31:24 PM »
Funny, Micah, your post sounds exactly like the weekend I spent trying to get it to work and learning all the new shit. ;) Probably something I was doing wrong, but that is exactly what I tried.

I'm thinking the Hulu trial or similar might be a good solution.

Then again I just found out we are in fact visiting family that weekend so I guess it's all moot until the next must-see event on TV.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #283 on: February 02, 2019, 01:44:16 PM »
The game is getting closer.

We are not going to visit family after all. So that plan is out the window.

My wife and kids will be busy for most of the game so watching it at a restaurant or something won't work.

I don't really have local friends that I'd enjoy watching the game with, so no go there.

I did find out I can in fact watch the game on my phone. Woot?

I don't feel like getting out my other TV to re-test my antenna.

Leaning towards Hulu trial. Maybe we'll do it for a month and watch the Oscars too. My kids want to see season three of The Good Place so if that's available that might seal the deal.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #284 on: February 02, 2019, 07:24:42 PM »
Isn't CBS streaming it for free this year? I didn't look into it cause I don't live in the US so it wouldn't work for me anyway, but I thought I saw that scroll by in a headline.