Entertainment & Artistry > Sports/Outdoors & Manpoon

I rode a bike!

<< < (2/2)

Jake:

--- Quote from: ober on May 03, 2020, 11:31:56 PM ---I went through this a few years ago and posted on here.  If you search you'll find details.  I think my bike is a commuter.  Pro-tip, always make sure your pedals are screwed in.  I went on a few mile ride probably 6 months after getting mine and the one pedal straight up fell off and I hurt myself when my foot went further down than I expected.  And I didn't have the tools to fix it and had to call my wife to come get me.

--- End quote ---

Pro tip #2 : carry a bike tool with you. My pedal screw is stripped and gets lose often as well :/

We've been riding bikes a few times a week for the past couple months. I took the bikes to Wisconsin and that's the first thing we brought back too.

micah:
forgot to mention last weekend that I scored a free bike this past weekend!  It was with a bunch of stuff that said "free" at the end of someones driveway.  It was a bit dusty and there's some rust on the a couple cables and the tires look kinda cracked but I put air in them and oiled the chain and it works totally fine (i think).

I finished putting together the 16" bike with training wheels for Harper (who, although now 7-1/2, has never ridden a bike) so the two of us rode around in the street in front of my house for a good hour this evening as she learned the finer points of pedaling and I got much much more confident in my steering and balance. I could actually see myself doing some real riding now.  Like, honestly, when I rode that time a couple weeks ago on a borrowed bike, I couldn't take a hand off the handlebars, steering was super wobbly and if I tried to look over my shoulder to make sure there wasn't a car about to kill me, I'd completely lose my balance.   So, yeah, much better now!

Anyway, its a mountain bike with cool shocks built into the frame. I googled it, looks like its like a $120 walmart bike so nothing fancy...but I didn't spend a penny and, for now, its just what I needed to get outside and make short trips around the neighborhood with the girls.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version