Author Topic: bday gift help  (Read 2552 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
bday gift help
« on: February 02, 2010, 08:14:35 AM »
All... since this is most likely to be seen here (I'll move it later), I need help!  My wife is buying me a Wii for my birthday and we can't find one locally (all sold out).  Even most of the stores are sold out.

So I have 2 questions:

1) Does every wii come with Wii sports?  I ask because Newegg has them (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16868100018) but no mention of wii sports.
2) Anyone know the best deal on one of these?  Ideally I'd be able to find one with wii fit, but I don't want to go much over $300... and I need 2 controllers.

I've looked on eBay at some, Best Buy, Walmart, and Amazon.  All are either sold out or they don't mention wii sports.

Help!

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Re: bday gift help
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 09:02:59 AM »
my understanding is that, unless otherwise stated, wii sports is the included game.  Ours came with it and so did the one my brother got for Christmas. And the fact that all of our friends who also own a wii have that game, leads me to believe the game came with their machine.

The base package only comes with one controller and nunchuck thingy.  We bought a second controller but not a second numchuck and find that, with the exception of boxing in wii sprorts, we don't need the other nunchaku.*

(*I have no clue how to spell that, so I used all three spellings in the wikipedia article.)
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 09:28:30 AM »
So maybe I'll just go with the newegg deal and an extra controller then... I thought that was the case.  Thanks for confirming!  :)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 10:05:19 AM »
Ordered from newegg with extra controller!  :)