Author Topic: Franz Ferdinand  (Read 3178 times)

ahluka

• Jackass IV
Franz Ferdinand
« on: October 10, 2005, 03:22:33 PM »
What's the general oppinion on them around ES? They're up there in my top favourite bands, with Foo Fighters, AC/DC, Gorillaz and Pink Floyd.
Just got their new album (You could have it so much better) and think it's awesome.

Bassy

• Red Panda
  • Jackass IV
    • My website
Franz Ferdinand
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 05:27:43 PM »
i'm not too hot on them whilst their last album was quite interesting and i was pleased it won the mercury, i wasnt that overawed at their performance that night and it put me off a little bit
People in bamboo houses shouldn't throw pandas

[stealth]

• the original
  • Jackass V
Franz Ferdinand
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 11:14:06 PM »
I've seen them live on TV and they seem a bit clinical.  They've got a pretty good sound but to me The Strokes did it so much better..and they seem to be something of a novelty.  Still, it's good to see some guitar pop back in the charts rather than that bling-bling rap shit.

ahluka

• Jackass IV
Franz Ferdinand
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 01:31:35 AM »
Quote from: '[stealthy
']I've seen them live on TV and they seem a bit clinical.  They've got a pretty good sound but to me The Strokes did it so much better..and they seem to be something of a novelty.  Still, it's good to see some guitar pop back in the charts rather than that bling-bling rap shit.

Agree with the last line.
I think it's just the fact that their music is different to anything else you hear now. Well, I did notice a couple of band appearing that sound quite similar to them shortly after their debut.

ygfperson

• Founders
    • Last.fm
Franz Ferdinand
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2005, 01:35:49 AM »
never listened to them... i'm a bit wary after hearing that their label paid radio stations for playing their songs

[stealth]

• the original
  • Jackass V
Franz Ferdinand
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2005, 01:55:11 AM »
Quote from: ygfperson
never listened to them... i'm a bit wary after hearing that their label paid radio stations for playing their songs

God, them and every other fucking band on the planet :rolleyes: