Author Topic: powertabs.net raped by the MPA (again?)  (Read 1766 times)

ahluka

• Jackass IV
powertabs.net raped by the MPA (again?)
« on: April 04, 2008, 05:23:02 AM »
I'm not sure if I mentioned that I've been playing guitar for about 3 months now, but anyways.

Went to powertabs.net yesterday and got repeated "403 Forbidden" messages. "ok that's weird" thinks I. Just tried it again about 3 minutes ago, and apparently it's been shut down by the MPA. What. The. Fuck.

Yeah I know I could do myself a world of good by trying to transcribe songs myself, so maybe I shouldn't be moaning...

A little research (i.e. a single Google search) reveals that the site was molested sometime in 2006 (http://www.chrisholmesonline.com/2006/04/19/powertabsnet-has-been-shut-down/). I'm guessing this time it's for the same absurd reason.

Thoughts?

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: powertabs.net raped by the MPA (again?)
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 08:46:14 AM »
Good tabs are hard to come by. And transcribing is not as easy as some might think (depends on the song). There is a site I visit for some of my acoustic references called Tabpigs that hosts tabs for a couple guitar guys I like. I like their philosophy; they post the PDF version of a tab that isn't available commercially. If one is, they provide the link to where you can go purchase it. There are a great many songs out there that are not available commercially transcribed and I see nothing wrong with the general population providing them.
It's sad really. But, since this is the internet age, just look around a bit and I'm sure you'll find a new site that has all the files. You can shut one down, but you can't shut them all down.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 04:34:31 PM »
ultimate-guitar.com + Guitar Pro 5+ = good times
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

ahluka

• Jackass IV
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 09:33:45 AM »
Thankies.