Author Topic: Coronavirus COVID-19  (Read 65045 times)

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19
« Reply #450 on: September 17, 2021, 11:30:34 PM »
Did he say 8 hospitalized and 0 deaths out of 16,000? Nice! And all you need to get that level of protection is a super safe vaccine? Sign me up!

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #451 on: October 27, 2021, 06:13:52 PM »
I'm in a pickle - my company, being a federal contractor, is required to have all employees fully vaccinated by the signing of the new contract - which is mid January. This makes absolutely no sense, since no one in my company has ever been in direct contact with a federal employee - ALL of our work is remote.

Our CEO struggled with the decision, and waited as long as possible, but since the federal contracts (marines, navy, whitehouse) represent a rather significant portion of our hospitality business, he decided that we will follow the mandate.

And that fucking sucks.

I have some decisions to make...
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #452 on: October 27, 2021, 06:30:40 PM »
Um, sounds like get the shot. You've waited long enough.
This signature intentionally left blank.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #453 on: October 27, 2021, 10:06:13 PM »
Still unclear on why it's a big deal for you to get it.  You act like it will destroy you.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #454 on: October 27, 2021, 10:17:20 PM »
Still unclear on why it's a big deal for you to get it.  You act like it will destroy you.

I don't like to be told to do something to my body that is not proven to be as effective or more effective than having natural immunity. I don't like that this is not even an option - I would like the idea of getting a test every x num ber of months to show that I have antibodies instead of taking a vaccine.

and when does it stop - in order to renew our contract for 2022 the whole company has to be vaccinated, and what is next? will we all have to get annual busters to keep the contract because the government says we do? to me, this just opens the door to more oppressive demands.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #455 on: October 27, 2021, 11:07:32 PM »
I think you're going to have to suck it up and take this one.

Despite what the conspiracy people say, this isn't some big plot by the government. It was a shitty situation that under any normal circumstances you wouldn't have needed to be told to get a vaccine when it became available and you would have just gone and gotten it.

You can still chose not get vaccinated. That's still a freedom you have, but with any choice there are outcomes and unfortunately for you in this case, the outcome is find another job.

I don't know whose proof you need but your natural immunity, what that may be, will likely wear off and probably isn't as great as you think. You survived, good on you, but hundreds of thousands didn't. The FDA cleared the vaccine, so other than your ego, I'd say if your job is important to you, get the shot and fight the political battle another time.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 09:13:28 AM by hans »

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #456 on: October 27, 2021, 11:27:29 PM »

I don't like to be told to do something to my body that is not proven to be as effective or more effective than having natural immunity.

Well, thankfully that isn't the case here.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #457 on: October 28, 2021, 01:14:43 AM »

I don't like to be told to do something to my body that is not proven to be as effective or more effective than having natural immunity.

Well, thankfully that isn't the case here.

well, there are several studies that show otherwise, why are those not talked about on the CDC website?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2021/09/15/natural-immunity-vaccine-mandate/

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #458 on: October 28, 2021, 01:16:47 AM »
I think you're going to have to suck it up and take this one.

you're right, I probably will - but before I do I will explore all my options. One would be to become an independent contractor for my company. I'd lose out on the 401K match, and the ESOP profit sharing, but other than that, nothing else would change

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #459 on: October 28, 2021, 02:01:33 AM »
I vaguely remember that the mandate was a test weekly mandate with exceptions if you're vaccinated. Is testing weekly an option for you?

Regarding vaccine vs. natural immunity, it's clear that vaccine + natural immunity is better than natural immunity by itself, so for this question it's clear taking the vaccine can only improve your protection against the virus. And it's been shown to be extremely safe, so side effects won't hurt you either.

So really it seems the only reason not to take it is to fight against people telling you what to do.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #460 on: October 28, 2021, 08:43:43 AM »
I vaguely remember that the mandate was a test weekly mandate with exceptions if you're vaccinated. Is testing weekly an option for you?

this is an option for the public sector, but not an option if you're a federal worker or a contractor for the federal government - unfortunately.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #461 on: November 14, 2021, 08:45:46 PM »
https://youtu.be/1uh-ZGDx0P4

Hans, what do you think about this guy?

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #462 on: November 15, 2021, 01:32:07 AM »
I'm not a fan of his. I have a couple friends that know him pretty well (personally) and they've posted stuff of his before but as with most politicians, it's largely things taken out of context and misleading logic.

I asked one of my friends about the guy a while back from one of his videos (he had shared on FB) that was incredibly lacking in any actual facts and instead just a lot of "what ifs" and "you can draw your own conclusion" kind of stuff and his response was a classic response in unprovable logic. I just shook my head.

I'm not a fan of letting people come to their own conclusion on these kinds of videos and it's way too easy to snip clips like he's doing. I see it as a lack or moral character on his part. I expect better.

There's a decent chance though that Walz gets bumped next election, I'm just hoping it's not by this guy.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #463 on: November 15, 2021, 07:44:50 AM »
I'm pretty sure at least one of those clips was regarding women's rights or abortion, not the vaccination status. LOL  I don't trust people that take 3 seconds of someone's words and try and use that to bolster something else.  And outside of certain medical staff and working with a federal agency, the federal government hasn't issued a mandate to the general public.  I know some local government has also issued mandates too. 

But have you stopped to ask yourself why?  Why is X issuing a mandate?  Is it because the virus thrives in unvaccinated populations?  Is it because the vaccine is highly effective?  Is it because people don't give a shit about anyone but themselves?  For the vaccine to work, enough people have to get it.  Not enough people are getting it so the virus lives on and mutates and so on.  This cycle isn't going to end.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #464 on: November 15, 2021, 12:19:27 PM »
Right before the Holidays....hmmmmmm

:rofl: