Author Topic: Samsung Continuum  (Read 6973 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Samsung Continuum
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2011, 12:40:21 PM »
Wow!  Thanks for the information.  That explains a lot.  Oh the random information you hold.

And I think I'm going to try and talk my wife into an iPhone if she doesn't like the other Droid options.

I learn random things for some reason. There was a massive 14 day training for managers at Radioshack i had to attend and it was all about driving specific traffic in the wireless sales. Part of the contract between Sprint and Radioshack was, at that time anyway, to push Sanyo phones as much as possible and Samsung as little as possible. The material they gave us on it went through a bunch of what i mentioned and some other useless crap.

The iphone 4 is bad ass.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2011, 02:10:59 PM »
Of the other phones here is what I would consider:

iPhone
HTC Incredible
Droid X

Thoughts on those?  She currently has a Droid Eris and loves the phone with the exception of a few things:

1) Default dialer blows and it's too easy to call people
2) She can barely hear anyone when she's talking on the phone with or without an ear piece.
3) It's extremely slow to react in most cases after pushing a button.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2011, 02:19:11 PM »
Have you looked at any of the windows7 phones? I really don't like the windows desktop OS, but the phone interface is really slick. It's very intuitive and and easy to use. The things I don't like about though: no skype (and likely never will be), far fewer apps (though they are adding more), and you need a windows machine to properly sync (though there is a beta tool for osx).

I haven't bought a smart phone yet but I'm considering it. I've been looking at windows phones cause MS offered to buy me one, but I'm still sort of leaning towards android because I think it would be fun to do some mobile app hacking.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2011, 02:50:48 PM »
Win 7 phones are getting (shockingly) great reviews.  Amazing reviews considering this is a first release into a several year old market.

If I had to pick right now it would be an iPhone or the a Windows 7 phone.

I would try to wait if I chose the iPhone 4, because the next revision is supposed to be significant. 

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2011, 03:07:26 PM »
Windows 7 phones tend to get great initial reviews and falter over the test of time.

The newer Droids have many improvements over the early releases. Any of the three phones you listed would be great.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2011, 03:15:20 PM »
I've heard complaints from Windows Phone users.  And my wife is used to an Android phone and I'd hate to have her learn something new.  The desktop situation is not a problem but I'd rather stick with Android because you don't ever need to sync with a computer.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2011, 03:42:11 PM »
Windows 7 phones tend to get great initial reviews and falter over the test of time.

That sounds a little presumptuous considering windows phone 7 has only been out for two and a half months.

Anyway, the HTC desire is the android phone I've been looking at, and the LG Optimus Quantum (I think it's called the 7Q in the US) is the windows phone I'm considering.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2011, 03:47:42 PM »
I had an Eris.  It was terrible

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2011, 04:16:26 PM »
@ Perspective:

I didn't mean to have the 7 in there, I'm speaking overall of Windows based phones.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2011, 06:26:51 PM »
I think everyone agrees that the old windows phones were garbage (even MS). Windows phone 7 is a new OS from scratch. If it weren't for the lack of skype I'd be all over it.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2011, 06:29:27 PM »
I think everyone agrees that the old windows phones were garbage (even MS). Windows phone 7 is a new OS from scratch. If it weren't for the lack of skype I'd be all over it.

Many people said the same thing with previous windows phones

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2011, 07:22:37 PM »
I've heard complaints from Windows Phone users.  And my wife is used to an Android phone and I'd hate to have her learn something new.  The desktop situation is not a problem but I'd rather stick with Android because you don't ever need to sync with a computer.

What complaints?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2011, 08:52:44 AM »
Not as easy to use or customize... lack of apps, sluggish.  But Perspective is right, this is not a Windows 7 phone they were talking about.

Something tells me they're still not 'ready'.  I'd personally go with Android if I was getting a personal phone right now.

And Cheez, I don't personally like her Eris either but it does alright and it's her first smart phone.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2011, 09:17:00 AM »
The first of anything is not something to jump on. The next wave of Windows 7 phones is sure to be better then the first. i do not want to portray it as though Microsoft is incompetent because clearly that is not the case, nor is it my opinion. I'm simply sceptical based on the disappointments of previous Windows based phones and they're ability to provide a quality handheld.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2011, 10:03:00 AM »
And Cheez, I don't personally like her Eris either but it does alright and it's her first smart phone.
Maybe I was just jealous because my wife has a Nexus One and it's great, but the Eris was so sluggish and unresponsive that sometimes I couldn't even dial a number or type an email.  I used ATK religiously, but it was still shit.  The battery life was less than a day and it was never able to sync properly with my company email (although that meant I didn't get email during the day, so that was nice).

I'd love to get another Android phone, but I didn't have any good feelings about that POS