Author Topic: Blackberry Curve  (Read 13053 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Blackberry Curve
« Reply #75 on: November 26, 2008, 08:24:26 AM »
My Blackberry broke the other day :( or maybe I broke it :dunno: but it didn't want to charge so I started jiggling the cable and I heard a slight "snap" - and then  it did not want to charge at all. Kudos to US Cellular for sending me a replacement within 24 hours.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #76 on: November 26, 2008, 09:30:11 AM »
U cracked the usb board. If u want to sell it u can buy the port on ebay for like 3 bucks and replace it
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2008, 09:04:08 AM »
well, I had to send it back to USCellular.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2008, 02:24:54 PM »
Looks like the storm didn't fair so well
http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2008/12/the-votes-are-i.html

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2008, 02:34:51 PM »
I can't click the link but the storm is doing great...its a solid phone that only gets better with some tweaking.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

drakkenkorin

• Jackass VI
    • http://www.google.com
« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2008, 02:41:46 PM »
although it is rather lagy, esp the accelorometer, it's not a bad phone.  but i know if i were a poweruse and my business life revolved around it - i would be pissed!
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2008, 02:46:45 PM »
I can't click the link

The Votes Are In: BlackBerry Storm Sucks
By Brian X. Chen EmailDecember 04, 2008 | 6:11:06 PMCategories: Phones, Unsexy 

Pr_blackberry_storm_f Though Verizon says the Storm is its fastest selling handset yet, the touchscreen phone is also generating more negative buzz than any BlackBerry before.

Consumers and journalists are beating the Storm to a bloody pulp, with very few defending Research In Motion's response to the popular iPhone.

The most vicious review on the Storm comes from New York Times columnist David Pogue. He ripped the Storm to oblivion last week, calling it the "BlackBerry Dud." And on Thursday he published some reader responses that couldn't agree with him more.

"Having tried the Storm on two different days to make sure it was really as bad as it seemed the first time, I too find it unbelievable that these are for sale," a reader wrote to Pogue. "Verizon should just box all these Storms up and send them to Toys R Us, who can sell them in the Brainteaser section, right next to the Rubik's Cubes."

Verizon and RIM unleashed the Storm on Nov. 21. Sporting a 4-inch touchscreen, the handset is Verizon's attempt to compete with Apple's phenomenally successful iPhone. The resonating complaints about the Storm suggest the handset is not going to pose a threat to Steve Jobs' revolutionary phone.

Wired.com's Danny Dumas wasn't too pleased with the Storm, either: His major complaint was the operating system is a piece of garbage that doesn't do justice to "a piece of hardware this gorgeous."

And a quick Twitter search doesn't display much love for the Storm.

"Coworker just got a new Blackberry Storm," tweets Jeff Casemier. "It is a wonky P.O.S. Just F.Y.I."   

The complaints are likely only to get worse and more widespread: The phone's only two weeks old, and Verizon says the Storm is selling as fast as bacon-wrapped hot dogs outside a bar.

We're eager to hear what Gadget Lab readers have to say. Any of you out there with a Storm? How's it treating you? Let us know in the comments below.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #82 on: December 05, 2008, 02:53:16 PM »
The tilt transition was a little slow for my taste but the touch screen itsself was much more responsive and accurate then the iphones. And I don't know what version the os is but if its a "piece of crap" then its either not 4.5, or its a vzw modified 4.5 and needs to be upgraded. VZW users should be used to that by now.