Author Topic: Talk to me about the Storm  (Read 10445 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Talk to me about the Storm
« on: October 29, 2009, 03:05:04 PM »
My wife is due for an upgrade and I think I'm going to push her into the Storm.  She'll play games, listen to music, make some calls, check the weather.  Will she have any major issues doing those?

Also, where do you go for apps on Verizon?  Is there an iTunes equivalent app store for Verizon? 

Someone give me the scoop!   :thumbsup:

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
Re: Talk to me about the Storm
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 03:07:41 PM »
What??? No iPhone perfection? 

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 03:10:20 PM »
I'm fine with the iPhone... but I'm not paying for that.  Ideally I'd get her an iPhone but she's on Verizon and gets a sweet deal on the upgrade... plus the people she calls the most are on Verizon.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 03:51:36 PM »
I hear that all the time.  The iPhone is great for me/her but if the company isn't paying it isn't worth it.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 04:07:41 PM »
Keyboard leaves a lot to be desired, other then that i liked it. Ask drakk he has one
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 04:24:04 PM »
I hear that all the time.  The iPhone is great for me/her but if the company isn't paying it isn't worth it.
Hmm... just looked into it.  I think the price would be about the same.  The biggest thing is the time she spends talking to other people on Verizon.... so... yeah.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 04:29:32 PM »
we have AT&T for the business. Two lines, two blackberry's, unlimited everything (including net/data) and its lke 185/mo
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 04:38:53 PM »
My uncle has the Storm 1.  He hates it.  too much effort to quit apps and get back to another screen, and it senses button pushes when he holds it on to his cheek while talking.  My Friend has one though and loves it :shrug:
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2009, 04:46:30 PM »
Theres an app for both of those issues, though. The one is a lot like kill all for windows, but with tweak options. And the other is like a sensitivity adjustment or something for when in call.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2009, 09:40:15 PM »
I have friends with the same feeling as kerm. But really, I feel they both did better without the storm.  One of them switched to a for the bold for the real keyboard. The other is still with the storm, and still takes her 4 seconds longer to say "Hello" when answering the phone and will randomly mute the call. :dunno:

drakkenkorin

• Jackass VI
    • http://www.google.com
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2009, 09:52:55 PM »
My uncle has the Storm 1.  He hates it.  too much effort to quit apps and get back to another screen, and it senses button pushes when he holds it on to his cheek while talking.  My Friend has one though and loves it :shrug:
It was a love/hate relationship with my Storm.

I loved to hate it.

I kept dropping calls, my applications kept freezing and locking my phone and the only way to fix it was to do a battery-pull (BB version of a reboot).

It got to the point that my storm would freeze at least once a day and I usually wound up throwing it out of frustration.

I am glad to report that I got rid of that piece of shit phone and have an iPhone and LOVE IT.
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2009, 10:09:45 PM »
I'd just like to take this opportunity to point out that I love my Samsung Impression and its $15 unlimited data plan.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2009, 08:45:55 AM »
So it seems like it's iffy... I talked to her about switching to ATT but their coverage blows ass around here so she'd rather have reliable service with Verizon and a slightly less cool phone.  So we'll try out the Storm and if she doesn't like it, we can always take it back.  If it's a flaming piece of shit, maybe I can haggle with them to get a Storm 2 or something.

Again, she's not going to be typing much so the keypad isn't a big deal.  If I can work around some of the stuff like RoD said, that should be doable.  The thing I'm worried about is the freezing up.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2009, 09:28:08 AM »
Like drak said, it happens at least daily.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2009, 10:49:05 AM »
Anyone have the Storm 2?