Author Topic: End to an era....  (Read 4224 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
End to an era....
« on: May 21, 2008, 01:12:55 PM »
For as long as i can remember i have used certain programs just about exclusively. I tried a ton of mp3 software, and went with Winamp. Tried browsers, went with Opera. These are my two most commonly used programs, and they both really suck lately. I have in the past six months been using XP and Vista machniens of different specs and opera and winamp have a real problem staying stable in the past 2-3 versions and its getting old FAST.

It's just plain getting old. I know everyone will say FF so i plan to look into it after i try the latest build of opera. What do u guys use over winamp? the second fav seems to be music match but i always thought it was over bulky and annoying.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
Re: End to an era....
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 01:16:08 PM »
I never get why people get all pissy when dev/beta versions don't work 100%.  That is kinda the point of the process.

For music I just use windows media player.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 01:17:50 PM »
I'm not using a BETA or DEV version of anything. In fact im pretty sure operas latest BETA is probably better then this. As for winamp, its a full legally purchased version of the most current release. And it JUST FUCKING CRASHED AGAIN.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 01:22:17 PM »
I'm not using a BETA or DEV version of anything.
You are using Vista aren't you?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 01:25:14 PM »
I really dont think Vista Ultimate is considered a BETA. It's been out long enough now. Besides i have never had stability issues with Vista, not since RC1. And i find it interesting its only two programs and they arent isolated to me.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 01:26:09 PM »
Don't fool yourself, Vista is still in paid beta

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 01:27:32 PM »
By that definition XP was in BETA till Vista came out.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 01:29:20 PM »
Nah, with SP2 XP moved out of Beta

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 01:31:41 PM »
I was going to say SP2 but i figured you would counter with something like "its a major os and made my microsoft and never...blah blah"

I see your point, being that Vista is so new. Personally i love it. I loved XP too, and during the pre-release stages of Vista i hated the god awlful releases they gave us to test. Then Ultimate released and the following upgrade hotfixes and it has really come into its own. Theres not one thing i did in xp i cant do here in vista just as well if not better.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 01:44:55 PM »
Except for run on less then a gig of ram...

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2008, 01:53:16 PM »
My old laptop was a 1.6GHZ intel with 512MB of 3200 and i ran vista exclusively. It ran as well as XP, the only thing i disabled was Aero glass effects because i had shared video.

drakkenkorin

• Jackass VI
    • http://www.google.com
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2008, 03:01:49 PM »
sounds like you need a mac.
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2008, 03:05:45 PM »
oh jesus dont start with that inferior hippy crap

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2008, 04:33:07 PM »
I've all but given up on Opera, especially at work.  I still use it at home but I avoid the betas now.  I use winamp all the time and it never crashes.  I'm on 5.52.  My only bitch is that it takes forever to load on my XP SP2 Pro install at home.  Works flawlessly here at work on Vista.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2008, 04:39:52 PM »
i just updated and i have 5.33....how did that happen. Guess i have to update again. Anyway i think i found the culprit. Some music that ended up in my collection, how i really dont know, has license issues i think. I have it on random and i noticed its crashing when it tries to "aquire license". And since i rarely use random, it explains why i never knew before.

So now i have to figure out how im going to find and weed out all these screwed up songs. im betting its itunes bs from my ex.