Author Topic: Super Sweet Corn on the cob  (Read 3778 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Super Sweet Corn on the cob
« on: May 07, 2007, 12:39:18 PM »
my buddy showed me this yesterday, and i got to tell you its the best corn i have ever had (next to my jack d corn, see below).

Take one corn on the cob, still in the husk, and wrap it in a paper towl, slightly moisten the towel, u dont want it real wet. Stick it in the microwave for 2 minutes (per husk, i do it one by one).

Butter and friggen enjoy. The husk seals in alot of flavor, its insane how sweet it is.

Jack Daniels BBQ Corn

This one i have been doing for years. Theres no real science to it. I lay a cob (no husk) on a sheet of tinfoil, and smother it in a ton of butter, salt, peper, and jack daniels BBQ sauce. Then i wrap it up and stick it on the grill for a few minutes (depends on grill). 3-5 should do it. Then i eat it. I have tried taking it out of the foil when its cooked and lightly BBQ'n it for extra flavor but corn just burns too darn easy.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: Super Sweet Corn on the cob
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 12:54:33 PM »
Last summer while camping we threw a couple ears of corn (in husk) into the coals of our fire for a few minutes and they turned out super sweet.  It's amazing how much sugar is in a kernel of sweet corn that's usually lost when they're boiled

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Super Sweet Corn on the cob
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 01:06:02 PM »
Exactly. I havent cooked them in the husk on the grill or anything yet, but the friend that showed me said its nothing like when its done in the microwave lol.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?