Author Topic: Olympics 2012  (Read 23337 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Olympics 2012
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2012, 09:12:19 PM »
I didn't know there was more than one Olympics (aside from special) so i just assumed they made the snow like parks do.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2012, 09:12:58 PM »
How the fuck have you never noticed that there are a Summer and Winter Olympics?

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2012, 10:50:07 PM »
How the fuck have you never noticed that there are a Summer and Winter Olympics?
+1

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2012, 11:28:01 PM »

To be completely honest I have always found the Olympics to be completely stupid and have no interest at all. Following them is something that I really only do by reading about how events that somewhat interest me have gone. And that has only been since the last Olympics.

Thinking about it the terms Summer and Winter go off in my brain as something I have heard countless times prior to the word Olympics so I don't know how I never put that together.

As for shooting sports I can't wait for Amanda Furrer....so so hawt.

hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2012, 12:30:57 AM »
That Greek girl shouldn't have gotten expelled. It wasn't racist

not only is it clearly racist, but it is pointless and just plain mean. That said it should have nothing to do with her career.

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2012, 03:15:21 AM »
Who will be watching?

Rob, how are you feeling? are you seeing anything live?

No, not seeing any live stuff. Work is a bit intense ATM (pun intended).

What did you guys make of the opening ceremony? Watched pretty much all of it, and thought Danny Boyle did us proud. Brought a lump to even my cynical old throat.

Proud to be British this morning.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2012, 08:00:57 AM »
I only saw a little bit of it, but I thought the NHS thing was really well done.  When I heard that it would involve Mary Poppins fighting a giant Voldemort my eyes rolled out of my head. When I actually saw it done, though, I was really impressed.

The only other part I saw was the "digital age" and I didn't like that at all.

Also, the American commentators (Brian Williams and Meredith Vieira) were horrible.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2012, 08:52:37 AM »
I only saw a little bit of it, but I thought the NHS thing was really well done.  When I heard that it would involve Mary Poppins fighting a giant Voldemort my eyes rolled out of my head. When I actually saw it done, though, I was really impressed.

The only other part I saw was the "digital age" and I didn't like that at all.

Also, the American commentators (Brian Williams and Meredith Vieira) were horrible.

I share your sentiment on your last two points.

Overall i was not impressed...the literature bit was my favorite, but the whole thing looked like it was for brits by brits...yet there were a billion people from around the world watching...
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2012, 08:55:48 AM »
Btw I'm watching the rest of the parade of nations this morning :D
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2012, 09:11:01 AM »
Oh I forgot, the whole Mr Bean/Chariots of Fire part was great

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2012, 09:13:33 AM »

Yah, bean is a fucking funny character.

Anyone using the nbc live app? Its pretty sweet...women's beach volleyball is about to get going and it is one of my favs ;)

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2012, 10:46:11 AM »

Yes!  Liked the opening dance sequence too....the parade is always  meh - DVR was great - allowed us to FF to almost the US before we got to live.  I'll be watching a lot of it this year - gonna be my background noise while I work on a lot of other things :D
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2012, 10:52:28 AM »

Apparently they had no idea who Tim Berners Lee was? I mean, you have to be shitting me.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2012, 10:54:39 AM »

Apparently they had no idea who Tim Berners Lee was? I mean, you have to be shitting me.
tbh I didn't know either but I wouldn't have shared that with millions of people

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2012, 02:15:57 PM »
Ya never heard of the guy