Author Topic: What's your favourite beer?  (Read 9116 times)

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...

stealth

• Jackass V
  • Now comes in 32 flavors
Re: What's your favourite beer?
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2008, 08:07:01 AM »
Quote from: KnuckleBuckette
Beer is only really as is should be when it is off tap.  Cans, bottles, paper bags, funnels, etc, just ruin it...

Well yes and no.  Draught beer certainly is much better on tap (though Guinness do a damn good job of getting their draught into cans with it being pretty close to being off tap), but you can bottle an ale and it won't lose it's spark.  Cooper's is a great example - they use a classic ale fermentation process that makes it just as fresh bottled as on tap.  Their stout is excellent.

Rob

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2008, 09:18:27 AM »
Quote from: KnuckleBuckette
Beer is only really as is should be when it is off tap.  Cans, bottles, paper bags, funnels, etc, just ruin it...

Well yes and no.  Draught beer certainly is much better on tap (though Guinness do a damn good job of getting their draught into cans with it being pretty close to being off tap), but you can bottle an ale and it won't lose it's spark.  Cooper's is a great example - they use a classic ale fermentation process that makes it just as fresh bottled as on tap.  Their stout is excellent.

You know, I've never really thought that canned Guiness was anywhere near draught Guiness - it still has that metallic tinge to it, and always seems much gassier - different head and so on :dunno:

stealth

• Jackass V
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2008, 08:17:16 PM »
You know, I've never really thought that canned Guiness was anywhere near draught Guiness - it still has that metallic tinge to it, and always seems much gassier - different head and so on :dunno:

That's probably because you're necking it from the can ;)

Rob

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2008, 01:16:17 PM »
:nyd:

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2008, 07:27:56 PM »
Corona, but its so damn expensive anymore. Once alot of these stupid movies started making it a obvious thing that the "coool people" drank them every stupid kids is like oh yea ill have a corona so alot of times its 4.00+ a f'n bottle. Typically when im out i drink Coors Light. Somtimes Yeungling (however u spell it) but thats a very strong beer, which i have to be in the mood for.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2008, 06:05:01 PM »
the other day my wife special ordered a case of K cider from the local packy but the girl at the counter scanned the case's bar code (by mistake  :dunno:) and only charged her the wholesale value without bottle deposit!  it was less then $25  :dblthumb2:
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

stealth

• Jackass V
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2008, 04:30:48 AM »
Lately I've been onto Little Creatures Pale Ale.  I also had Guinness Extra Stout for the first time in years and I'm in love - it's so much nicer than I remembered it being.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2008, 06:24:39 PM »
Though I have very limited beer knowledge, I've found that I enjoy Dogfish Head 90 Minutes IPA and Anderson Valley Oatmeal Stout. :)

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2008, 08:25:54 PM »
Though I have very limited beer knowledge, I've found that I enjoy Dogfish Head 90 Minutes IPA and Anderson Valley Oatmeal Stout. :)
That's a good girl

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2008, 09:59:30 PM »
That's a good girl

+1

VBprogrammer

• Back on GMT thank god
  • Jackass IV
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2008, 06:28:00 PM »
Innes and Gunn - oak whiskey barrel aged - delightful!

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2008, 07:00:05 PM »

never heard of any of that
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Gametaku

• Founders
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2008, 03:30:45 AM »
My favorite beer that I've had is Newcastle Brown Ale.