Author Topic: We call it the "Good Morning Burger"  (Read 7713 times)

stealth

• Jackass V
  • Now comes in 32 flavors
We call it the "Good Morning Burger"
« on: September 03, 2008, 07:41:57 AM »
TV commercials are promoting the Hungry Jack's Quad Stack Burger, which contains four beef patties, four slices of cheese, two rashers of bacon, barbecue sauce and two sugared buns.

It contains 71g of fat, 34.7g of saturated fat, 1930 milligrams of sodium and 74.8g protein.

The burger, which sells for $5.95, has no salad and the calorie content equates to more than half a woman's recommended daily energy intake and almost one-third of a man's.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24286194-2,00.html

Dumah

• Jackass IV
Re: We call it the "Good Morning Burger"
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 07:52:47 AM »
...I'll take 2 with fries...

Dumah

• Jackass IV
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 09:36:05 AM »
All this stuff about how unhealthy things are seems like a waste of time to me.

"Cheeseburgers are junk food and bad for you" - No shit, Sherlock! Who doesn't know that?

All these morons who complain about this stuff on the media are just a distraction things that should be important issues of the day.

[Steps off podium]

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 10:55:18 AM »
Well obviously that burger is designed for someone that needs to exceed the average daily calorie intake.  Like lumberjacks or Olympic swimmers.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 10:58:35 AM »
 love a good "fresh" burger - lean meat well seasoned at home. But every 3 months or so, I get a craving for a fastfood shitburger. Maybe I'll get a baconator on the way back to Nola if I can find an open wendys - just to say I ate I one...
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 11:15:17 AM »
Didn't Hardee's have some heart attack burger a little while ago that was like 1500 calories or something? Kind of make this thing look like healthy snack.
This signature intentionally left blank.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 12:19:12 PM »
My question is, does this actually taste better than your garden variety high blood pressure burger?

All this stuff about how unhealthy things are seems like a waste of time to me.

"Cheeseburgers are junk food and bad for you" - No shit, Sherlock! Who doesn't know that?

All these morons who complain about this stuff on the media are just a distraction things that should be important issues of the day.

[Steps off podium]

There are lots of people that don't know how unhealthy these things are. Also, while I'm not really outraged, I'm slightly annoyed at this type of excess in our culture, and slightly annoyed at the people providing the easy access to it. Finally, while other issues are more important, this kind of things is just a microcosm of many of the larger issues facing us.

Dumah

• Jackass IV
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 12:54:03 PM »
There are lots of people that don't know how unhealthy these things are. Also, while I'm not really outraged, I'm slightly annoyed at this type of excess in our culture, and slightly annoyed at the people providing the easy access to it.

I'm just sick to death of politicians & do-gooders poking their nose into this stuff. Who doesn't know that junk food is bad for you? If you are that ill-informed and ignorant then I say just chalk the consequences up to natural selection - survival of the least dumb.

I'm sorry if I seem a bit OTT on this, but I'm just sick to death of the media constantly going on about trivial crap like this.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 12:58:36 PM »
That's about 1100 calories.

And I thought Wendy's Baconator was
as bad as it could get

that burger was a letdown :( I miss the #4 it replaced.

As for this post, my GOD that looks good!!!
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 12:59:21 PM »
I'm just sick to death of politicians & do-gooders poking their nose into this stuff. Who doesn't know that junk food is bad for you? If you are that ill-informed and ignorant then I say just chalk the consequences up to natural selection - survival of the least dumb.

I'm sorry if I seem a bit OTT on this, but I'm just sick to death of the media constantly going on about trivial crap like this.

Ok. I don't think it's trivial, but if you do then it makes sense that you'd be annoyed by an article about it.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 01:02:04 PM »
"It seems a bit irresponsible to me - even the way they're marketing it, you would think they might offer a free salad with it to try to even things up but they haven't even done that."

See that pisses me off. If you dont want to eat the burger, dont eat the fucking burger. Why should they have to spend money to include a salad to force stupid people to eat right? I mean jesus christ if you want to eat like a poor person or blame your fatness on someone then go ahead but leave us alone.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 01:32:23 PM »
"It seems a bit irresponsible to me - even the way they're marketing it, you would think they might offer a free salad with it to try to even things up but they haven't even done that."

See that pisses me off. If you dont want to eat the burger, dont eat the fucking burger. Why should they have to spend money to include a salad to force stupid people to eat right? I mean jesus christ if you want to eat like a poor person or blame your fatness on someone then go ahead but leave us alone.

Asking the fast food restaurant to exercise a little responsibility and not assist people in doing themselves harm doesn't have to be mutually exclusive to expecting people to exercise their own personal responsibility.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 01:54:59 PM »
She is basically saying ok sell this burger some people want to eat, but give them a free salad. Well i dont want a fucking salad, and now i have to do something with it, and i didnt want it. It costs the chain money and it annoys me why should it be forced on me or anyone else because the hippies think im too stupid to eat a salad on my own??

"If you do drugs then your a hippie, and hippies suck"

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 01:58:48 PM »
I agree that the free salad thing is stupid. I was more commenting on your last sentence.

Dumah

• Jackass IV
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 01:59:01 PM »
Asking the fast food restaurant to exercise a little responsibility and not assist people in doing themselves harm doesn't have to be mutually exclusive to expecting people to exercise their own personal responsibility.

But why should they? The ultimate consequence of policies like these is that someday you wont be able to buy any food that is deemed unhealthy. Step by step it's heading towards a world where your own personal choice is minimized in favor of collective decisions that are made for your own benefit.

If I want to eat crap like that then it should be my choice. Same as when I want to smoke or drink (barring when those actions have negative consequences on others)