Author Topic: For the first time in my life, the other night I had...  (Read 16766 times)

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
For the first time in my life, the other night I had...
« on: June 20, 2014, 12:29:03 AM »
... a cup of coffee.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
Re: For the first time in my life, the other night I had...
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 06:41:19 AM »
Wait.  What?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 07:57:47 AM »
Yeah what

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 11:00:13 AM »
Oh, sorry... maybe that wasn't clear.

A couple nights ago I had a cup of coffee. It was the first time in my life I had ever had a cup of coffee.

Hope that's clearer!

:wutang:

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 11:02:27 AM »
Please provide more detail.  What was in the coffee.  Did you enjoy it. Will you coffee again.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 11:17:57 AM »
Ok... so My wife made it with Keurig and some package of coffee grounds that appeared to be vanilla flavored and might have been from dunkin donuts. I dunno, it had the same colors, although we don't have dunkin donuts around here so I don't know how I'd know that.

It was hot when it came out, so she added milk. She also added a spoonful of sugar. I didn't ask for those things but I didn't mind either. I did decline the cinnamon flavored creamer.

Yep, just checked. It was Dunkin Donuts French Vanilla.

The first thing I noticed was that it was made out of water. Not surprising, I know, but since our home-made hot chocolates are so rich that you don't even notice the water it caught me a bit off guard. She said she might have made it a little too weak. She's not much of a coffee drinker, so it's not like she knows how to make the perfect cup. But otherwise, it seemed like a regular cup o' joe.

Did I enjoy it? Sure. It hit the spot. I was tired and also had the chills (-ish) and I needed to get some work done. It was only 8pm at the time and I knew it would take a while. Normally I'd drink soda for caffeine, but I don't really drink soda at home any more so I didn't have any. Also I craved something warm. So the coffee fulfilled my cravings.

Will I coffee again? Who knows. I didn't enjoy it that much that I want it again right away. But if a similar situation comes up I wouldn't mind having another cup. Perhaps a little stronger next time. Maybe it will take another 35 years. Who knows.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 11:49:18 AM »
There was sure a lot of stuff in that coffee.

How strong it is in a Keurig depends on the one you have.  With the one we have at work, you pick how much coffee you want to make with the one pod, 4oz up to 10oz.  10 is going to be weaker than 4.  I'm surprised you didn't realize coffee is mostly water

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2014, 11:59:14 AM »
Well I knew that... I just didn't think about it at the time.

Also, we used the 4 oz setting I believe, although my wife indicated that she could have put more grounds in. This wasn't one of those little packaged cups that is auto-done or anything.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2014, 01:51:17 PM »
Those three are my go to.

This is nice too.
http://smile.amazon.com/Wolfgang-Puck-Breakfast-24-Count-Brewers/dp/B003TC7WN4/ref=sr_1_31?ie=UTF8&qid=1403286514&sr=8-31&keywords=keurig+breakfast

The decaf version of the Dark Magic is actually pretty swell too.

I recommend Brewing the large cup then spinning the pack 180 and doing a small cup for the Dark Magic and Big Easy Bold.

The cider you will have to experiment with.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2014, 01:57:13 PM »
The annoying thing I find about my Keurig is that the largest setting is only 8oz.  I don't want week coffee or anything, its just, most mugs hold more than 1-cup.  Even a "small" coffee at dunken donuts 10oz with room in the cup to add cream.   It just seems weird that my mug is only half full.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2014, 07:49:57 AM »
I really preferred our old drip coffee maker to our Keurig.

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2014, 08:40:26 AM »
If we need several cups going... We use a drip maker with a metal, rinse-able filter.

And for one or two cups worth... A French press from IKEA and a water boiler.

I love coffee, but trying to stay at one cup per day.

I am amazed that you haven't had coffee before Charlie.
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." -Nathaniel Borenstein

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2014, 09:53:27 AM »
I almost never have it.  Like MAYBE twice a year at a dinner if I have a ton to do, so I'm totally with you Charlie.  I generally drink it black or with a little cream if it's around.  Don't usually notice the taste, or try not to think about it.  It's just a medium for caffeine.  You think you'll continue to use it as a emergency caffeine like think or drink it more regularly?

Other than that for me - it's tea in the mornings.  One cup usually Perfect tasty start to the day.  Generally I'm drinking Paris by Harney and Sons these days.  Costs me about $0.20 per morning and makes me feel like a winner!  http://smile.amazon.com/Harney-Sons-Paris-Count-Ounce/dp/B006S4Y5B2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1403531522&sr=8-1&keywords=paris+tea
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2014, 01:58:10 PM »
We use the drip when bulk becomes an issue.  Friends and family times.  Other than that intermittently throughout the year at home.  I have one at my desk I use every morning.