Author Topic: scrolling web design  (Read 1644 times)

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
scrolling web design
« on: October 24, 2011, 03:57:44 PM »
There's a lot of sweet sites out there using parallax backgrounds and scroll animations, but this is probably one of the sweetest I've seen yet:

http://discover.store.sony.com/tablet/#intro
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: scrolling web design
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 04:35:13 PM »
I personally don't really like those sites.  They often don't scroll smoothly (that site didn't on my work laptop which is no slouch).  They're also confusing if you don't get them lined up correctly.  Depending on where you scroll to, it looks like a fucking mess.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 08:50:32 PM »
I'm with obes. Even when they are "right" they look wrong. And my laptops a monster, and that page slouched on three browsers.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 09:41:52 PM »
weird that you guys had problems with that site. it ran fine for me and my coworkers who passed it around the office.

meh, to each their own. I think its sweet.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 09:45:52 PM »
I hate scrolling websites period, so maybe I'm just prejudice.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?