Author Topic: Fitness megathread - discuss weight loss, fat loss, working out, etc here!  (Read 79516 times)

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
I don't think I could if I was lifting. Not unless I had a strong routine. For running though I love it. Running is automatic enough that a book Gives me a story to zone out to. If its an especially good book, my running distances will increase just cause I don't want to stop.
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Huh.  Maybe I'll give that a shot.  I've been purposely trying to get away from running with headphones because it's not allowed in lots of bigger races and it makes running on the road a little more dangerous.  The last thing I wanted to do was get up to my higher distances and gotten used to music only to not be able to run with headphones for my marathon.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
I've thought about that for races, but I'm not a racer and I figure if I do, the social aspect of racing will work out in my favor.
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
You should totally sign up for a 5 or 10K just for the atmosphere.  If you're at all interested in running you'll love it.  There won't be any problem running with an ipod in a casual weekend race, either.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
There are rules against ipods?

Da hell?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
In some races, yeah. You've got tens of thousands of people jammed together, you don't need any distractions. They're almost always banned for elite runners too, to prevent coaching or other advantages. 

In September I'm doing a run across the Mackinac Bridge and no music devices are allowed because the bridge stays open

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.

Wemboe

• Jackass I
Re: Fitness megathread - discuss weight loss, fat loss, working out, etc here!
« Reply #247 on: December 31, 2014, 09:37:52 AM »
The martial arts gym I go to normally is re-opening within the week so there's that.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #248 on: January 01, 2015, 01:21:43 AM »
The martial arts gym I go to normally is re-opening within the week so there's that.

Re    opening?

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
« Reply #249 on: January 01, 2015, 04:30:43 PM »
Have a 3000 mile, over 1 year, goal for biking. (Road and off-road on a mountain bike.) Not a New Years resolution as I started on Dec 1. I am a little behind 250 miles I needed in the month of December. Need to make up ground in Jan. 25 days of 15 miles would do it plus give me a good buffer.

I am at a 14-15 mph pace now, so it takes me about an hour to go 15 miles. I have a secondary plan, call it a framework instead of a goal, to do at a minimum one hour of activity every day. Walking, biking, etc is all game.

Using mytracks and Google fit to track both.

That aside, however.... I am just trying to have fun. Have lots of fun and it seems less like excercise and more like adventures.
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." -Nathaniel Borenstein

Wemboe

• Jackass I
« Reply #250 on: January 01, 2015, 06:24:09 PM »

Re    opening?
Landlord would consistently not pay power, water and heat bills for the building when the store owner would give him the money. So when it started to get cold and they show up to open the store one day and the power won't turn on, the water isn't running and its as cold outside as it is inside, the owner calls up the landlord, yells a bit, then over the next 30 hours proceeds to move everything out of the gym and finds another location within a week. Weirdly enough, it took them 30 hours to take all the equipment out why the hell has it taken three months to move it back into somewhere?

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #251 on: January 01, 2015, 08:09:38 PM »
 Commercial property leases are a bitch.  I imagine they'd need to have their insurance approve the place as well which also increases time.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #252 on: February 09, 2023, 10:33:27 PM »
Started going to the gym on 11/28/2021 - 6 days a week at night.
Set a goal: 50 pounds by the end of 2022.
Went on the all meat diet between 2/3/2022 and 4/15/2022.
Started going to the gym in the morning (5:30am) sometime in march 2022.
Started going to bed around 10pm at about the same time.
After the all meat diet I ate pretty much everything but still protein heavy
56 pounds down mid September 2022.
Kept the same weight (+/- 4 pounds) until 1/29/2023
Goal for 2023 - drop another 30
1/30/2023 went on the all meat diet again and will stay on it until 4/1
2/4 down another 6 pounds

So all meat diet is pretty much this: Meat (mostly red meat and half of that is venison), eggs, water, coffee. done.
Last year when I did it, 3 weeks in, I craved raspberries - I felt like I needed them. That was my cheat.

This time around no cravings yet.

Oh yeah, no alcohol on the no meat diet. But I do smoke the ganja when at social events :)

When off the diet, I drank 1 day a week, except for fishing week and hunting week :D

I feel great. I've put on a ton of muscle. Everything is better - not only physically but mentally too. And other aspects. I mean, everything.

Goal for 2024, drop 15 pounds to reach my target weight of 235.

oh yeah #2 - sauna 3x week for 20-25 mins. wonderful

Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #253 on: February 13, 2023, 09:13:32 AM »
> I feel great. I've put on a ton of muscle. Everything is better - not only physically but mentally too. And other aspects. I mean, everything.

I definitely relate to that. When I'm hitting the gym regularly I feel 100x better all around. Physically better, less tired, more energy... but also mentally better, happier, more patient with the kids :thumbsup:

Not too sure about the meat diet though... I get the benefits for weight loss and muscle gain, but I'd be a little worried about other long term effects that could have. Glad to hear it's working for you though, might be worth consulting with a dietician or physician on what's best for you. When I was serious about muscle gain I followed macros. I ate everything but tried for a specific ratio of protein, carbs, and fat. I've always stayed away from extreme anything... rather, everything in moderation. I gained around 25 lbs (my goal was +20) and put on a lot of muscle.