Nothing & Everything > Food and Naked Yodeling

Whisk[e]y

(1/5) > >>

micah:
I've always been a Jack Daniels fan, I like the other obvious big name bourbon brands like Knob Creek and Makers Mark. Tonight I bought some Bulleit which I'm enjoying neat.  (don't worry, everything in moderation)*

Its been a while since I've had Scotch, I've tried red and black jonny walker and dewers but I'm not really a fan.

What about you guys? recommendations?

*edit (an hour later): i'm not good atmoderation

KnuckleBuckett:
Beer.

hans:
Double Oak Woodford Reserve, no need to drink anything else.

But if you do, Bulleit Rye is better than their bourbon and great for mixing. Angel's Envy is pretty good and on a budget Four Roses Single Barrel can usually be had pretty reasonably. Regular Woodford is fine and I used to drink it often until I focused on the double oak. Old Forester is a pretty good value as well.

In the scotch world, if you're coming from bourbon, I'd go with something like Aberlour 12 or maybe Balvenie Doublewood if you can find it for a just a bit more than the Aberlour, they're both pretty similar profiles IMO.

And if you like the spicier knob creek, then old grand dad (100 proof bonded) might be a good change, heck in that spirit even the Trader Joe's Bourbon isn't terrible.

I've been through quite a few Bourbons so if you have a price range and profile you're looking for (what your favorite is) I can make some more targeted suggestions.

hans:
Also, I recommend the Old Grand Dad with some water or on ice since it's pretty hot neat. McKenna was pretty good when I tried it too but I also preferred it on ice.

ober:
Never been a fan of whiskey/bourbon.  Not huge on beer either but I will drink it socially.  I prefer to wine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version