Author Topic: Needs a new phone  (Read 3021 times)

Bassy

• Red Panda
  • Jackass IV
    • My website
Needs a new phone
« on: July 22, 2010, 07:12:51 PM »
I've had my current one about a year and the plan is almost up so I can change it... Currently have a HTC MDA Compact IV - basically windows mobile operating system. It has taken some battering though - dropped on the floor multiple times and has been left in the freezer a few times - so I need a new phone.

Anyone have some recommendations - it needs to be pretty thin as I need to put it in a pocket and I need to be able to download my email on it from my ISP - if it has word and pdf readers then all the better. If it is freezer proof then all the better.
People in bamboo houses shouldn't throw pandas

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
Re: Needs a new phone
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 08:26:37 PM »
So you like to eat your cell phones cold?

drakkenkorin

• Jackass VI
    • http://www.google.com
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 12:44:14 AM »
iPhone
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 07:35:59 AM »
My uncle just got a Droid X.  I am not a fan.  It's frickin' HUGE.  like 33% bigger than my iPhone.  Why you'd want that in your pocket I don't know.  It's snappy, but I feel like the OS is very spread out by default and it took me some time to start figuring out where things were.  Not completely intuitive.

Depending on your service provider, I'd look at the EVO's, wait for the next batch of Droid's next month, or do an iPhone 4 or 3Gs...
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 09:28:42 AM »
I vote for an iPhone, although my wife finally got the Android 2.1 OS on her Droid Eris and I'm impressed with the upgrades.  Very nice.

I'm going to need a back story on the freezer situation and why future phones need to be able to withstand that.

Bassy

• Red Panda
  • Jackass IV
    • My website
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 05:15:24 PM »
thanks for the recommendations - no idea about the freezer - I've just been really really busy for the last few months with work, splitting with my best friend, doing my final year of my OU degree (and doing three courses for it) - and have just got very very forgetful so if i get something from the freezer often things take its place.
People in bamboo houses shouldn't throw pandas