Author Topic: don't look up  (Read 3002 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
don't look up
« on: December 28, 2021, 06:54:06 PM »
It took me three nights to watch it, but it was worth it! it has a.....unique.....sense of humor so I would suggest lighting one up before seeing it - it made it much better :D it is an allegory about climate change and the movie doesn't spare anyone - they go after the right, the left, big tech, and society overall. The ending is, wow - it is great.

fun movie - 7/10

streaming on netflix
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: don't look up
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2021, 01:01:48 AM »
I keep hearing about this.  My MIL said it was solid.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2021, 01:50:51 PM »
I actually saw this (which was unlikely since I don't get to watch many movies lately). Didn't like it all that much. Obviously a great cast and I get it and all, but I generally don't enjoy exaggerated caricatures and this is no exception. There was a funny bit about snacks that made me laugh but otherwise it's just a "meh" from me.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2022, 12:26:56 PM »
I wasn't impressed with the movie either. There were some good gags in there but I think the plot was kind of lame and didn't make good use of the cast. I thought the movie lacked a bit of cohesiveness. It started off well but then I think it lost it as it went along and I just kept waiting for it to get better but I don't think it really did by the end.

The snacks bit was great though. And the bag over the head.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2022, 12:35:30 PM »
I told you guys, this movie is waaaaaaaay better with some THC in your system  :D
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2022, 09:08:11 AM »
I told you guys, this movie is waaaaaaaay better with some THC in your system  :D

I watched it before your suggestion. But I guess there's always a possible rewatch.
This signature intentionally left blank.